1500$ supercharger kit???????

DaBigBone

Established Member
Did it on my car. Came out to right around $1800 after it was done.

bs46488

Established Member
I went that same route with my install.

Factoring in the missing pieces (Tune, injectors, fuel pump, etc) my total was closer to $2,200

White_96Cobra

Established Member
Not a bad deal. If yothe u want to run an FMIC you can just skip discharge pipes and use the piping in what ever kit you buy. A lot of guys run the CXRacing kit. Thats what I have. Just factor in a few extra dollars and time for a fabrication.

hweb30

02 V6
Established Member
Some other member posted this up already. It seems legit, but that also doesnt include the actual supercharger. Add in all that and youre looking a few more bucks

White_96Cobra

Established Member
Even if you bought a new head unit for 1800 though, it would still comin in under the price of a brand new kit. And you would have all brand new parts... Vortech isn't thinking on this one.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
It's not Vortech that has that pricing, it's Superchargersonline and $1500 for a Kit including fuel system, Intercooler,tuning etc isn't feasible, it'll be MORE than that price tag!

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
close for the fox and 94/95 kits...but missing a few small pieces especially the all important coolant hose replacement...but still just about what you can find assembled kits for 5.0's....

DaBigBone

Established Member
It's not Vortech that has that pricing, it's Superchargersonline and $1500 for a Kit including fuel system, Intercooler,tuning etc isn't feasible, it'll be MORE than that price tag!

I'm yet to see somebody do the whole setup for $1500, but as I said before, mine came out right around $1800 and I'm making 387rwhp... Can't beat that.

jakesspv6

Established Member
hmm this actually kind of makes s/c my car possible while being i college. has anyone bought parts individually instead of buying them all together? i'm wondering how much the difference in shipping was.

95snake03

Established Member
the $1500 was just for the base tuner kit by itself. That price doesnt include supporting fuel mods, tuning, and installation lol....

2003GTIZZLE

**** YO COUCH NIKKA!
Established Member
Ive done this, car runs 11.4s with a stock shortblock, stock K, stock arms, stock trans, no subframes and still runs the junk V1 I bought off the corral that was made in the jurassic. For those who want to go fast for cheap you cannot beat this route, just get a good tuner like BOB KURGAN to keep it alive!

JTR

Users who are viewing this thread