15 F150 vs 14 Raptor? Which one to buy?

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
In a dilema. Looking into buying a new truck. And with new 15 prices your in the ballpark of new raptors also.
So if you had the choice. Would you buy the 15' throw some wheel and tires on it or Get a Raptor.

15' supercrew lariat 5.0 loaded full moonroof led lights 3:73 elec locker
vs
14' Raptor loaded

My first worry is with the new raptor coming out in the near future will resale take a huge dive on the raptor?
Better to have a aluminum f150 and make it raptor like?
Any thoughts, thanks

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Depends on what you need a truck for. If you aren't going to tow more than 5k pounds or so I would get a raptor in a heart beat. If you need to tow more than that regularly, I would go with the '15 F-150 or even step up to a F-250 depending on towing requirements.

If it isn't a necessity and you can wait, I would wait for the next raptor assuming it is announced at next months auto show and for sale end of next year.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I sold my Raptor for a new F150 only because I didn't want to be stuck with a 14 Raptor when the 15 Raptors came out.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I sold my Raptor for a new F150 only because I didn't want to be stuck with a 14 Raptor when the 15 Raptors came out.

The new Raptor will be a 15 or 16?

Thought it was going to be released as a 16 model, but I'll admit I haven't really kept up with Ford news lately.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Thought it was going to be released as a 16 model, but I'll admit I haven't really kept up with Ford news lately.
I should've been more specific...when the new Raptor comes out. Shoot, it may be a 17

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

If it comes out next year it will be a '16 model year, but for all we know it may be a '17 model year.

If I was looking and I knew the next raptor was coming out in a year I would wait, but I wouldn't want to wait 2 years for one.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
no ecoboost love in here....

It's not just that, most guys in here would love the new f150 but the raptor is a special edition and they hold their value tremendously well compared to a normal half ton.

I would go for the Raptor as well, mostly because I want one. I would wait though, if the 2016/17 raptor is announced soon with an aluminum body and a EB 5.0 or something nuts you'll get a lot of 6.2 trucks popping up for sale.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Any idea when the new raptor will be announced?

No.

But also, just to point out how the 2015 F-150 prices are quite a bit higher than the 2014's....a buddy of mine has a loaded King Ranch on order for a demo, the MSRP is over $64k. :eek:

colin450

Established Member
There's always going to be something newer/better coming out. Get the Raptor now and enjoy it, you won't regret it. You can always sell it in a few years if you really want the new one.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
No.

But also, just to point out how the 2015 F-150 prices are quite a bit higher than the 2014's....a buddy of mine has a loaded King Ranch on order for a demo, the MSRP is over $64k. :eek:

Isn't base price to base price only $400 difference? I think I would pay the extra $400 for the weight drop if I was buying a base truck.

The new trucks come with hella sweet technology now too. Adaptive cruise control, collision warnings, brake assist, lane-keeping assist and 360 degree cameras?! Holy balls. At this rate the trucks will be driving us in 2020.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
If you can stomach 12-13 MPG I'd buy the Raptor all day.

thats better than my HDF150 screw i DD.

id take a raptor over a new f150 personally. the 2015 f150 will be one of a million soon enough. the Raptor will still be unique and will hold its value better. also depends on your plans for the truck. off road? DD? are we comparing a 2wd F150 to a raptor? or a 4x4?

you can buy the 14 Raptor now and enjoy it and then sell it/trade it in when the new Raptor finally hits the showroom floors. they'll probably have a mark up for a little while too and it may be another year or so before theyre even available. sure you'll take a bit of a financial hit but it kind of sucks having to wait a year or two to finally get into one.
you could also lease a 2015 f150 for year or two so you get to enjoy that in the mean time then just drop it off and hop into the new Raptor

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Isn't base price to base price only $400 difference? I think I would pay the extra $400 for the weight drop if I was buying a base truck.

The new trucks come with hella sweet technology now too. Adaptive cruise control, collision warnings, brake assist, lane-keeping assist and 360 degree cameras?! Holy balls. At this rate the trucks will be driving us in 2020.

Yes the base price is nearly the same.

But like you said, the 2015's have a lot more options than the 14's. A loaded 2014 King Ranch F-150 has an MSRP of $56,235.

Users who are viewing this thread