15" bogart wheels on IRS

tombo9876

Established Member
I had to do grinding on three parts to get the 15" wheels to fit (unsure of backspacing)

Caliper mount - had to grind both edges down so it's not a 90 degree angle, but more of a sloped surface

Caliper edge - had to grind the edge of the caliper down so it's sloped as well

Tie rod mount - had to grind the side down so it contours to the wheel instead of being flat

I think I could've got a small spacer for the rear and not had to grind the caliper down nearly as much, but the tie rod had to be done regardless. Same deal if the wheel had more backspacing, probably could've done less or no grinding on the caliper. I will upload pictures soon to show what I had to grind down.

Has anyone heard of grinding down these spots to cause weak spots and/or failures? The caliper and tie rod mount looked pretty beefy to begin with, so I wasn't too worried about taking material off.

After driving around with them, my ABS light came on. I assume this is because the 28" tires are bigger than the front tires right now and spinning at different speeds? I also noticed this made traction control turn off on it's own, and I couldn't turn it back on until I turned the car off. Normal? And I think I noticed a small amount of modulating through the brake pedal when hitting the brakes as well. I assume this is the ABS system being confused by the bigger tires as well.

bogart.jpg

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
^^^ I've heard of that before with the Bigger tire!!!!

Also, I went with a 16" Bogart wheel outback (15" up front) so that I wouldn't have to touch a thing!

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

tombo9876

Established Member
If I had to do it again, I would go with 16" wheels. But I got a deal on these (fully assembled, brand new wheels and tires, ready to go for $700) so I made them work. If I ever go with bigger brakes I will sell these and get the proper size. Glad to know the ABS stuff is not specific to my car!

Users who are viewing this thread