15:1 compression Coyote Pistons

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
Who all makes them and anyone know what cost would be?
I know Diamond made one and I know Livernois had one made too.
I am looking at one for use with Nitrous(400-600HP shot)

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
why don't you call MMR and ask them who makes them and how much they cost....

Because MMR sales people are not usually very knowledgeable. They don't even know torque specs on their own private labeled bolt kits(main bolts etc) so questions on specific pistons who knows what they would try to sell me

twistedneck

Established Member
I assume detonation would be a big problem at that dynamic combustion pressure 15:1 + N20. if you are using the ultimate race fuel, and then have spectacular knock sensing like the 17:1 compression ratio Toyota LMP1 car that has a pressure sensor in each combustion chamber then you could pull it off. i would not trust the ford computer to pull timing quickly enough.

the rumor mill says some of the F1 pistons have steel inserts for the ring lands - you might want to call Mahle. If you only hit the button at high rpm you might be ok due to the lower pressures. we have a square motor, so with all of that stroke and small piston area the pressures will be high.. less ring area, smaller combustion chamber. for sure you need to do something about the head sealing, and you might need a giant exhaust valve and spring to overcome the pressure.

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
There is already one Coyote Modified engine spraying a lot of nitrous using a 15:1 piston with no issues on a Ford ECM.
I don't spray below 5,000rpm as is.
I am just trying to see who all is making them already.

Diamond did the ones in that Coyote Modified motor I mentioned.
I know Wiseco has a real good slug for nitrous with hardened ring lands but it will be very expensive as they don't have a chamber mold like Diamond does.

twistedneck

Established Member
There is already one Coyote Modified engine spraying a lot of nitrous using a 15:1 piston with no issues on a Ford ECM.
I don't spray below 5,000rpm as is.
I am just trying to see who all is making them already.

Diamond did the ones in that Coyote Modified motor I mentioned.
I know Wiseco has a real good slug for nitrous with hardened ring lands but it will be very expensive as they don't have a chamber mold like Diamond does.

Wow, I am super impressed. Usually you need a lot of modeling and testing to get something like that done.

Any YouTube links to the car?

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
Wow, I am super impressed. Usually you need a lot of modeling and testing to get something like that done.

Any YouTube links to the car?

They are a sponsor here idk if they want everyone knowing what's in that motor so I am not gonna say who it is but there are only 2 known Coyote modified Nitrous cars if you wanna guess which one ;)

twistedneck

Established Member
I found both of the cars - BBR and Strictly Performance.. both are using very high compression ratios i'm sure, and this is impressive to say the least. They seem to have different intake setups - BBR using the Boss intake and SP using the cobra jet. I would love to see logs on these, i think both have the phaseres deleted but i'm not sure. (going off the pics). You could retard the exhaust valve opening enough with the vct to reduce the pressures and save the valve train.

Users who are viewing this thread