15” BAER brakes

Chuckieduck

Established Member
When I purchased my car I was specifically looking for a White GT but could not find one with the Brembo package so I ended up with a base model. The brakes always looked and felt anemic especially after I installed 20” wheels. I don’t really care for the look of the Brembos and I could have probably saved a few dollars by going with the them over the BAER setup, but I think the BAER setup was worth the extra money and I believe it’s a better brake all the way around. Installed new 15” BAER brakes with their 6S calipers. I also installed the upgrade 14” rear disk. The rear kit comes with a relocation bracket for the stock calipers. I figured since the GT and the GT500 use the same rear caliper (even the ‘13-14) that it would be sufficient for my needs. All I can say is WOW! Feels completely different brakes take a lot less effort to stop the car. Once my new clutch is broken in I will take her for a spirited drive through the mountains but I’m sure I will be pleased. It’s funny but even the 15” rotors look small under the 20” wheels. There is plenty of room for the calipers. They are more than 2 fingers away from the spokes.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
I run Baer Calipers with DBA Rotors...which bring this heavy bitch to a stop on a dime!

Baer makes a GREAT product and heavily underrated, in my book!

marauder-jpg.1483935

Chuckieduck

Established Member
Tried uploading pics but keep getting error message that file is too big. I’m using my phone and don’t know if any way to change file size to fit.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks outstanding

Pic of while car please

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Chuckieduck

Established Member
My impressions so far.....OMFG! I can’t believe how good these brakes feel. I was worried about going to larger calipers and maybe having to switch to a GT500 master and booster but the brakes feel perfect. I actually don’t have to put as much pedal pressure as I did with the stock brakes. Only issue I have is that they squeal like hell when I apply the brakes normally. I have tried bedding them a couple times and it’s still there.
I did the rears also. American Muscle had the GT500 version on sale for Black Friday and I snatched them up. They were like $350. The only difference between the GT version and the GT500 version is the GT500 version comes with the axle brackets as well as the adapter since the regular GT500 brakes (not the ‘13-14 15”) are and in-between size. I still have to go back and do something about painting the calipers. I haven’t found any high heat paint that would match the front anodized calipers.

Attachments

• C020EC30-0ED3-44B7-BBF6-D9E41F1E1147.jpeg
    C020EC30-0ED3-44B7-BBF6-D9E41F1E1147.jpeg
    820.8 KB · Views: 204
  • B22384EB-474E-4F12-AA42-59F5604AC57B.jpeg
    B22384EB-474E-4F12-AA42-59F5604AC57B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 198

Users who are viewing this thread