14' GT500 vs C7 Z06 Auto

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Good kill, but C7Z06 autos have run low 10s well into the 130s stock on a DR.... Don't think a stock GT500 is in the same league... Must have had heat soak ;)

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I have seen some c7z06s go 10.8-10.9s at 125-127 and Ive seen c7z cars go low 11s at 123-124.

Trinity cars have gone low 11s and have trapped as high as 128... they are severely "crippled" at the dragstrip due to tires, but not in the street.

Dont sleep on Trinity Shelbys man, you will get caught with your pants down!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I have seen some c7z06s go 10.8-10.9s at 125-127 and Ive seen c7z cars go low 11s at 123-124.

Trinity cars have gone low 11s and have trapped as high as 128... they are severely "crippled" at the dragstrip due to tires, but not in the street.

Dont sleep on Trinity Shelbys man, you will get caught with your pants down!

Definitely don't sleep on that trinity, have seen tire and tune cars go 10s. The factory calibration/clutch protection, factory rubber really hurt these cars in 1/4, makes launching them really tricky.. A tune and drag radials go a long ways.

In any event this is roll racing, not dig, the mass of these cars is already moving, so it's not as big a factor.

FWIW regarding C7Z 1/4; The launch control on the C7/C7Z is no joke. My buddy has run 11.7 at RPR in his C7, stock down to the factory tires and has gone 10.9 at 129 in his C7Z, again stock.(traded the C7 for the Z)

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Good run, can't definitively call it a kill.

That Z06 was Targa top or TTop? Guess I haven't paid much attention to vettes to know that came with that option still.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I would love to own either a Z06/Z07 or a super clean, super low mileage, 100% stock 2013/2014 GT500.

I like my Trinity but Id set it on firs for a c7z.

C7Z all day!!!

Definitely don't sleep on that trinity, have seen tire and tune cars go 10s. The factory calibration/clutch protection, factory rubber really hurt these cars in 1/4, makes launching them really tricky.. A tune and drag radials go a long ways.

In any event this is roll racing, not dig, the mass of these cars is already moving, so it's not as big a factor.

FWIW regarding C7Z 1/4; The launch control on the C7/C7Z is no joke. My buddy has run 11.7 at RPR in his C7, stock down to the factory tires and has gone 10.9 at 129 in his C7Z, again stock.(traded the C7 for the Z)

Amen brother!

Good run, can't definitively call it a kill.

That Z06 was Targa top or TTop? Guess I haven't paid much attention to vettes to know that came with that option still.

I can definitely call it a kill and targa top.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I like my Trinity but Id set it on firs for a c7z.
C7Z all day!!!
I love them both. I was a little "iffy" on the looks of the C7Z at first, but I have grown to love it.What a fantastic body shape. Especially from the side.
Have tried trading the Trinity in for a C7Z? There are a few dealerships that have KILLER deals on brand new C7Z cars.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I love them both. I was a little "iffy" on the looks of the C7Z at first, but I have grown to love it.What a fantastic body shape. Especially from the side.
Have tried trading the Trinity in for a C7Z? There are a few dealerships that have KILLER deals on brand new C7Z cars.

I have always loved them. Call me crazy but to me, they are Americas best sports car. Best looks and performance. Best bang for the buck. Id even take one over a V gen Viper.

Unfortunately, my budget is 10k short for a c7z. So close yet so far, but maybe in a couple of years from now.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I have always loved them. Call me crazy but to me, they are Americas best sports car. Best looks and performance. Best bang for the buck. Id even take one over a V gen Viper.

Unfortunately, my budget is 10k short for a c7z. So close yet so far, but maybe in a couple of years from now.

I'm right there with ya bro. I'd take a C7 Z06/7 over any Viper any day. Nothing against the Vipers, I just the looks more of the C7Z as well.

I love the Z too fellas , but no way I'd pick one over a Gen V viper, that's just crazy talk!

Kiohtee

Established Member
I guess I'll be the first one to say it, because I straight up don't give a **** if it's a Ford, Chevy, Dodge or what have you.

That Z06 looked like he was pulling and either let off or touched the brakes. A stock Z06 wouldn't get pulled that hard by a stock GT500 from anything, much less a roll. Especially after it closed up a gap from the beginning.

Good job either way.

08mojo

Established Member
I guess I'll be the first one to say it, because I straight up don't give a **** if it's a Ford, Chevy, Dodge or what have you.

That Z06 looked like he was pulling and either let off or touched the brakes. A stock Z06 wouldn't get pulled that hard by a stock GT500 from anything, much less a roll. Especially after it closed up a gap from the beginning.

Good job either way.
Agree! He let off

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm right there with ya bro. I'd take a C7 Z06/7 over any Viper any day. Nothing against the Vipers, I just the looks more of the C7Z as well.

The gen V is such a beast performance-wise, but something about the front doesnt quite complete the package for me. The rear is SICK, the side profile is SICK but tje front looks off to me. Thats the main reason Id go with the c7z. It looks exotic-like to me, from all angles. Not to mention the all around performance.

I love the Z too fellas , but no way I'd pick one over a Gen V viper, that's just crazy talk!

Lol... yeah, I wanna like the gen V's front end but...

Good job either way.

I hear you man, no brand bias here either. But here is the thing... notice how I pulled him off the hit (we both went at the same time on 3 honks)...I believe he "came back" when I shifted... then once in gear, I could have started to pull back...

I guess ill try to find a other one, as well as a hellcat that I have been wanting to race...

This especially a Gen V at that pure sex on wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, they are...

hostile500

Established Member
That's always awesome when you can lay them on the ground. I have a couple guys up here that want to run also. Ones an auto and the others manual. Guess I'll have to hook the go pros up

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Heatsoak is a real bitch on C7Zs too. More so than GT500s for sure.

Nice kill OP.

Users who are viewing this thread