14" GT500 Brembo Brakes -1994-2004

thelatinguy7

Established Member
wow awesome work man.

Few questions: Any way to run the brackets that u made and the brembo calipers with the stock 13inch rotors? or do u have to upgrade to 14 inch rotors to use the brembo calipers?

Also, with this kit that ur making can u run any brembo caliper off any car or does it have to be off the GT500?

Sorry if the questions seem silly but just trying to figure out what i can and cannot do because i'm interested in the kit .

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
Hmm. That would make the final production cost even higher. Producing that from a block of stainless or 4130 etc will add a lot to the mill time. No beef about it, I'm just curious to see if you can really produce and sell them at $250pr without some serious investment in qty.

But hey, I'm driving your price UP here not down so I don't expect a lot of support from others! :p I learned long ago; never quote a price until you have some real hard core data to work from, most best guesses are usually well under what I'd hoped for.

Good news! My material price went DOWN! Also cut our weight by 85% and our machine time in half!

wow awesome work man.

Few questions: Any way to run the brackets that u made and the brembo calipers with the stock 13inch rotors? or do u have to upgrade to 14 inch rotors to use the brembo calipers?

Also, with this kit that ur making can u run any brembo caliper off any car or does it have to be off the GT500?

Sorry if the questions seem silly but just trying to figure out what i can and cannot do because i'm interested in the kit .

14" rotors only. Only the GT500.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Are you just understanding that NOW?! Yes.

Well, I remember seeing your spindle with the lopped off mounting ear and the new hole drilled quite some time ago. It was my understanding that exercise was to bolt the caliper directly to the spindle. Well, apparently not, huh?

I was hoping this new bracket made it a bolt together assembly without that mod. So, the modification is required? It can't be accomplished as a bolt together assembly? :(

Todd TCE

Established Member
You know...you might look to waterjet the perimeter of the bracket and only then do the clean up on the step and such. I just did some rear custom parts in 1" alum and we jetted the whole part and pilot holed the center. Way faster.

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
Well, I remember seeing your spindle with the lopped off mounting ear and the new hole drilled quite some time ago. It was my understanding that exercise was to bolt the caliper directly to the spindle. Well, apparently not, huh?

I was hoping this new bracket made it a bolt together assembly without that mod. So, the modification is required? It can't be accomplished as a bolt together assembly? :(

No, the mounting ears on the caliper are too large and make contact with the lower ear. If they were radial mount calipers, it would be a different story. Spindles for our cars are a dime a dozen, so I didnt see it as a huge loss.

FAY

Established Member
This is a great product. Somewhat inconvenient if you ever wanted to come down from 18" wheels, but as you said, the spindles are easy to come by.

**I just noticed that Steeda makes Ultra-lites in 18" ... I always thought they were 17" only... this kit may be for me soon. :) **

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
Great thread. I don't have a lot of time on SVTPerformance forums due to frequenting elsewhere. I am thrilled to someone going the extra mile to do something great for the mustang world. I leave this message to let you know that there is an answer to the rear brake issue, however, it is by no means inexpensive. It is in the realm of $3800.00 for the brake kit, plus the need for a torsen or torsen R rear diff.

The kit was actually made to fit the IRS used on the Panoz cars which we all know to be the terminator rear end. The only car I have see this on is a live axle 04 Mach 1 owned by a local guy here in Washington.

The kit: Brembo 4 Piston Grand turismo with 2 piece rotors and stainless lines, with a Mclaren rear for the e-brake. It is very similar to the Ford GT rear setup. There is a company here locally that makes the bracket for this conversion.

Rear 13" Grand Turismo with 4 piston and single piston ebrake with 18" Fikse Wheels.

2972418_1_full.jpg

Front 14" Grand Turismo 4 Piston Brembo with 18" Fikse wheels

2972418_2_full.jpg

Again, this is not my car, I have had the pleasure of driving this car though with a full Maximum Grip kit, and a full Vortech intercooled System. I have to say, this car stops like you would not believe.

Hope this helps someone out there.

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
The website I was hosting them on is over its bandwith. I will try to get pics back up.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
sub'ing, wanted to do this myself, sice no one else was. Way to beat me to it! I'm interested in just swapping the stock cobra front brake to the rear of the IRS. Surely this can be done without too much modding right? I haven't had the chance to really mock it up and see what it would need.

er22bball0302

Established Member
sub'ing, wanted to do this myself, sice no one else was. Way to beat me to it! I'm interested in just swapping the stock cobra front brake to the rear of the IRS. Surely this can be done without too much modding right? I haven't had the chance to really mock it up and see what it would need.
+1 id love to have something to replace that little caliper in the rear without spending 1300+.

Users who are viewing this thread