14 Billion Settlement for Dieselgate

blinelaxd27

Established Member
What happens if you buy a VW TDI today and then sell it back to VW for cost + 10k?

I read today that VW will be buying back the TDI diesels for their value before scandal + 10k.

Autotrader has a ton of them for sale, what if you buy a bunch of them and then wait for VW to buy them back from you at a profit?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
It is true but I'm not sure a lot of second owners know about the deal. My buddy purchased one a few years ago and he is the original owner, was notified by VW that they'd buy it back at his full purchase price about 2 months ago. He is taking it back and then getting a new F250 Superduty lol

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
You would have had to owned the car since before September 2015 I'm sure.

Last edited:

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Probably have to take the letter VW sends to the dealer with you to prove ownership.

sleek98

Established Member
Gotta get paid for my VW. bought it september 14th. News hit on the 18th. Has actually been a really good car for the last 9 months.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
And to think, some people on here thought it was actually a good idea to cheat and not a big deal...

Dusten

Established Member
Like stated, you'll have to prove ownership for a certain period of time or prior to a certain date.
Years ago when they did cash for clunkers you had to own the car for 90 days prior to trade in.

oldmodman

Established Member
How long would it take VW to make 14 billion dollars in profit in the USA?

Might be better for business just to tell Uncle Sam to go **** himself and leave the USA. Forever. We, the people would be the losers in the end. Those were pretty nice cars.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member

Might be better for business just to tell Uncle Sam to go **** himself and leave the USA. Forever. We, the people would be the losers in the end. Those were pretty nice cars.

They have billions in fines from European regulators as well, should they pull out of Europe also?

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member

They make more than just Volkswagen cars.

Sirraf

Established Member
There is a good chance this will permanently cripple VW. I understand the consequences, but there are thousands of American workers that will suffer because of this. Valuable lesson to the auto industry.

Stateguy

Established Member

tistan

Established Member
They have billions in fines from European regulators as well, should they pull out of Europe also?
Yes and threaten to leave the governments holding the bags for the millions that will be unemployed. That is the only way to deal with a bully.

50stangpower

Established Member
So we will see who all the liberals are! Anyone who is taking there money and selling the car back is a liberal!!! FREE FREE FREE

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
So we will see who all the liberals are! Anyone who is taking there money and selling the car back is a liberal!!! FREE FREE FREE

They aren't keeping the car though... It cost money to maintain and operate the car. They just aren't taking a hit on depreciation.

Edit: I think it's a great financial decision to sell the car back for what they bought it for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread