14.0 AF Stock tune?

Ratchet

Established Member
So was heading into the dealership to have my trans looked at and as I was merging onto the highway I decided to do a WOT pull thru third gear. Normally my AF drops into the low 12's... it did not this time, stayed at 13.9-14.1, so I got out of it... also did it the next 2 tries... on the stock tune, car totally stock except for axlebacks. Any ideas? Pumps going already? Drove fine other than that... so the dealership is looking into that and my grinding syncros... :fart::banana:

Last edited:

cbrtrx

Established Member
I datalogged one last week that would do the same thing, car is at the dealer now being looked at.

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

100% normal for the stock tune to do that.
It's the Cause of the #8. Lean at WOT.

Nuar

Established Member
The AF digital readout has a delay, if you stayed in it, the readout would drop to 12.
It did that to me every time.

Ratchet

Established Member
Rachet, didn't you have a TT setup on this car?
lol. No. That's the other white CS!

The AF digital readout has a delay, if you stayed in it, the readout would drop to 12.
It did that to me every time.
I stayed in it quite a while, never did this before the other day.

100% normal for the stock tune to do that.
It's the Cause of the #8. Lean at WOT.
See above. Never did this till the other day. My af gauge always dropped quick into the low 12's even low 11's as the rpm got in the high range... So I mentioned for them to have a look at that before fixing the trans. When I get an update I'll post it and probably tell them to do a leakdown /comp test.

Ratchet

Established Member
Well they are looking into the trans issue right now, and i was told the tech has a hotline request in regarding the fueling issue. Whatever that is. They said they would try to call me today with another update.

Shaun@AED

Again, 100% normal for the stock tune to do this.
I've seen it on 2011+ manual cars with stock and aftermarket tunes (if the tune does not correct the factory setting that causes this).

A custom tune can correct this issue.

Last edited:

optica1ilusionz

Established Member
I've noticed this too on my canned Bama tune, though i have not data-logged it i always attributed it to the lag in the AFR readout. Sounds like i'll be getting a better tune sooner than later now.

SlohFiveOh

Established Member
Mine was doing something similar. Only started happening about 3 weeks ago.

I had the Bama tune in it, which I'm finding out is my first mistake, an Airaid intake, catch can setup, and Flowmaster Outlaw Catbacks...

Between 5-6k, the motor would basically drop out, run SUPER lean, and the A/F mixture wouldn't budge.

I put everything back to stock, with the exception of the catbacks, and it's still doing it.

My car has been at Ford for two weeks now, and they still don't know what's wrong.

I hope you're having better luck than I am.

Last edited:

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
Completely normal. I have a 2013 mustang GT and mine also read and command stoich which is about 14.1 on these cars. I thought this was very weird myself at first and had many threads on this issue. I took it to the dealer and they said it's completely normal. Funny thing is that even ford racing procal doesn't command stoich. Oh well...that's why we have warranty and aftermarket options for those worried.

SlohFiveOh

Established Member
Completely normal. I have a 2013 mustang GT and mine also read and command stoich which is about 14.1 on these cars. I thought this was very weird myself at first and had many threads on this issue. I took it to the dealer and they said it's completely normal. Funny thing is that even ford racing procal doesn't command stoich. Oh well...that's why we have warranty and aftermarket options for those worried.

They originally told me "Even the stock one does that..."

I told them it was bullshit, and the service manager of the dealer drove it, said it wasn't.

Bowtie-X

Established Member
What I still don't understand is that all 2011-2013 GT does NOT command stoich. I know plenty of peoples who have stock stangs and it goes 11.9-12.2 on wot, but on the other hand, there's plenty of stock stangs that command stoich 14.1 including myself. So this just confused me even more especially when the dealer is telling you its completely normal. I guess it is..lol

SlohFiveOh

Established Member
What I still don't understand is that all 2011-2013 GT does NOT command stoich. I know plenty of peoples who have stock stangs and it goes 11.9-12.2 on wot, but on the other hand, there's plenty of stock stangs that command stoich 14.1 including myself. So this just confused me even more especially when the dealer is telling you its completely normal. I guess it is..lol

Well, when it's dropping two or more cylinders and throwing misfire codes...

I figure it's not right.

Granted, it's not just an A/F problem, but I am sure the A/F mixture is off because of whatever is happening.

Bowtie-X

Established Member
Well, when it's dropping two or more cylinders and throwing misfire codes...

I figure it's not right.

Is that what was happening also to your car? I definitely don't baby my car and I been pushing her even in this 100F heatwave we been having over here on the east coast and since purchase almost a year ago I put about 15k miles and she's still running strong while commanding 14.1 on wot as it always have done stock since day one. Please don't pay my SIG any mind as I am now stock getting ready to trade her in to make room for a baby.

SlohFiveOh

Established Member
Is that what was happening also to your car? I definitely don't baby my car and I been pushing her even in this 100F heatwave we been having over here on the east coast and since purchase almost a year ago I put about 15k miles and she's still running strong while commanding 14.1 on wot as it always have done stock since day one. Please don't pay my SIG any mind as I am now stock getting ready to trade her in to make room for a baby.

Pretty much everyone around here has a similar setup, with '13's, with similar miles, and they're not having any of the issues I am.

Plus, Ford wouldn't have had the car for two weeks already if it was normal, in my opinion.

I'm glad you're not having issues, and congrats on the rugrat. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread