13 TVS on a 07 GT500 Convertible Dyno Results!

KKOSH

Established Member
Just got the car back today. Had the 13-14 TVS put on. I sent it to BPS to be powder coated black and have the 5.8 removed. They did an awesome job! Used their BPS 2.4 pulley, VMP 90mm idler pulley with a BPS idler bracket. C&L cold air intake, 13-14 GT500 injectors, NGK TR6 plugs, Shelby C&R heat exchanger and 3.73 gears. 2 back to back runs it made 630 rwhp, 614 rwtq. Max psi was just over 16 and we are at 11.4-11.5 air/fuel mixture. Oh my God, this car is totally different! Pulls like a freight train and you have to respect the power. Lots of wheel spin! Couldn't be happier. I am using full Ford Racing handling pack with Ford Racing lower control arms and relocation brackets. Michelin PSS tires on the Alcoa 20'' rims.

YELL03

Established Member
Just got the car back today. Had the 13-14 TVS put on. I sent it to BPS to be powder coated black and have the 5.8 removed. They did an awesome job! Used their BPS 2.4 pulley, VMP 90mm idler pulley with a BPS idler bracket. C&L cold air intake, 13-14 GT500 injectors, NGK TR6 plugs, Shelby C&R heat exchanger and 3.73 gears. 2 back to back runs it made 630 rwhp, 614 rwtq. Max psi was just over 16 and we are at 11.4-11.5 air/fuel mixture. Oh my God, this car is totally different! Pulls like a freight train and you have to respect the power. Lots of wheel spin! Couldn't be happier. I am using full Ford Racing handling pack with Ford Racing lower control arms and relocation brackets. Michelin PSS tires on the Alcoa 20'' rims.

Nice!!!

I just did a TVS swap on my 2011 GT500 Vert, only did the TVS, no other mods.
I came in at 590rwhp/573rwtq SAE, STD #s were over 615rwhp.

Are you still running the stock TB?

Last edited:

KKOSH

Established Member
Yes, still the stock throttle body, headers and cats. Might change that down the road but I have plenty of power how it is! :)

YELL03

Established Member
spinning isn't winning. I had 325's, 659 rwhp and the fun left the street......too much spin

That is why I might stay where I am at 590rwhp, maybe do a TB and get up to 615rwhp, it is controllable on the street and faster than most cars.

Cars with more power most likely can't put it down enough to get by me and I am not running over triple digits on the street.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I am North of 650 and I run 315 Invos. From a dig on the street, I can control it to minimize the spin most times. It takes knowing your car, and control, but it can be done.

Once you hit these types of power levels, all respect must be given to it.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Great numbers. How about a pic of your new Blower setup? Anyone know the Maf size of the C/L Cai. We're you maxed out there?? Good driveability with the new injectors?? Who tuned it?? It has got to be a beast. Enjoy ...

KKOSH

Established Member
Yeah respect the power is right. You can control the spin and it launches. No more 1/2 to full throttle starts though! I can't figure out how to put pics on here. Any help? Drives great, no issues at all. Alternative Auto Performance did the install and tune. His name is Lidio Iccobelli and I believe he is the best around. Check out his website. Has been doing it for long before most have. Located in Michigan.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Use photobucket.com to attach pictures. Upload to photobucket and then copy/paste the pic link. Congrats on the new power, I have a tvs waiting for install and I can't wait.

YELL03

Established Member
there you go, I posted it up for you, we both have red Verts

image.jpg

Last edited:

enormous

Established Member
Lidio at Alternative has been my Mustang to go guy since 1990. He tuned my 08 with a 13 TVS with a bit of self porting. Congrats on your new found power.
94 octane
66mm L&M
KB BAP
127 JLT
2.395 BPS pulley
675 RWHP and 645 RWTQ

Users who are viewing this thread