'13 TVS install and dyno results

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Looking forward to doing this upgrade soon too.

So you did just a BAP no injectors? I've got a BAP and thought about adding injectors but, maybe I'll do it later.

I wanted to do 2.40 upper and 10% lower...but, want to make sure I am safe on fuel and overall. If I need injectors I'll do them or postpone the lower...til I get injectors.

Hmm for that combo, I think you will need the injectors along with the BAP. Also with that combo you need to be mindful of where the boost will end up. is not +20psi our *danger zone* ? Or can it be done if everything else is on point ?

fullboogie

Established Member
Looking forward to doing this upgrade soon too.

So you did just a BAP no injectors? I've got a BAP and thought about adding injectors but, maybe I'll do it later.

I wanted to do 2.40 upper and 10% lower...but, want to make sure I am safe on fuel and overall. If I need injectors I'll do them or postpone the lower...til I get injectors.

No injectors. I was perfectly willing to buy a set of 72's, but both Van and Justin said they are not needed. I will get some datalogs and see how much headroom there is, and I may add them later if it makes sense.

Mopower

Established Member
Good question, and I will admit I'm a complete idiot for not logging this. I installed the Livelink software and ran it through all the paces last weekend, just to make sure it would work on the dyno. I was about halfway to my buddy's shop (an hour away) when I realized I forgot my damn laptop. So, I missed a perfect chance to do some datalogging. I'm going to be kicking myself in the butt for weeks until I can get back on the dyno and get some logs.

However, I spoke with Justin on the phone twice about this very issue and told him I was ready and willing to buy whatever is needed to keep things safe, including injectors. He said it absolutely was not needed with the BAP, so I should be ok. I will do some datalogging in a few weeks, though, just to be sure.

I wonder what FP DC is at that power level with the BAP & stock injectors. I just installed a KB 2.8 stage 3 kit with a 3" pulley (18 psi), BAP & stock injectors on my 2012. After a lot of internet research I'm expecting the car to make 650 to 670 rwhp. My biggest concern now that I'm ready to do a Lund remote tune is the FP duty cycle.

You might want to consider a new fuel filter. There was a recent thread about somebody with a 2.9 Whipple that had high FP duty cycle. The issue was resolved with a new fuel filter. I plan to change mine with every oil change just to be safe. Again, nice job and enjoy the new power. Those TVS's seem to make awesome power.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Hmm for that combo, I think you will need the injectors along with the BAP. Also with that combo you need to be mindful of where the boost will end up. is not +20psi our *danger zone* ? Or can it be done if everything else is on point ?

Yep...I'm going to check that before I do this combo....as that is my question also...if so I may go another route either larger upper and lower or no lower.

fullboogie

Established Member
I wonder what FP DC is at that power level with the BAP & stock injectors. I just installed a KB 2.8 stage 3 kit with a 3" pulley (18 psi), BAP & stock injectors on my 2012. After a lot of internet research I'm expecting the car to make 650 to 670 rwhp. My biggest concern now that I'm ready to do a Lund remote tune is the FP duty cycle.

You might want to consider a new fuel filter. There was a recent thread about somebody with a 2.9 Whipple that had high FP duty cycle. The issue was resolved with a new fuel filter. I plan to change mine with every oil change just to be safe. Again, nice job and enjoy the new power. Those TVS's seem to make awesome power.

Fuel filter is new. We learned about Ford's filters long ago with the Lightnings.

What upper and lower are you running?

2.4" upper and stock ('08) lower. I saw about 17.5 lbs of boost, right where I wanted it.

RickyBobby

Established Member
Good numbers! I am looking at this same set up, so am looking forward to seeing your datalog results! Is that on 91 octane?

Users who are viewing this thread