'13 TVS install and dyno results

fullboogie

Established Member
I installed my '13 TVS from BJ/Justin last weekend on my '07 and put it on the dyno today. Weather was very nice, about 65 degrees with low humidity. A/F stayed right around 11.2 the whole run, and IAT2's were about 100 degrees. This was with factory midpipe and cats, stock injectors/pumps, 2.4" pulley, 123mm JLT, and a street KB BAP.

Unfortunately, the dyno software refused to display anything above 5,800 rpm's over the course of two pulls, so I really don't know where it would have ended up if we'd been able to get readings up to 6,200 rpm's. In fact, as you can tell from the graph, the software literally pulled the plug at exactly 5,800 rpm's despite tapping the rev limiter at 6,250 both times. But based on the torque readings, anybody care to give an educated guess?

Dyno_zps6aace019.gif

Here's the TVS installed on the car. I painted the elbow low gloss black, thinking it would "highlight" the blower and the throttle body. I kind of like it:

IMG_0116_zps74ecdb27.gif

Last edited:

sharke

Established Member
That is awesome. Mine goes on in 2 days. What size pulley did you use? Can you list all your power mods other than blower?

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Nice upgrade.
I did the same on my 08 GT500 a few weeks ago.
Made 685rwhp running out of fuel pump with 72# injectors and stock cats.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Nice numbers. Do you have the VMP elbow or the stock one ? My numbers are in the sig.

Edit: I had my pulls shut down at 6000 as well.

Last edited:

fullboogie

Established Member
Nice numbers. Do you have the VMP elbow or the stock one ? My numbers are in the sig.

Stock '13 elbow.

I'm thinking maybe I'd have touched into the 640 hp range if the dyno would have been able to gather data up to 6,200. Does that sound too optimistic?

Kenneth

Established Member
Isn't 6250 kinda high to spin the motor?

Maybe for a pull or 2 just for numbers, but i don't think I would do it consistantly.

BTW I had them shut my pulls down at 6000.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Isn't 6250 kinda high to spin the motor?

Maybe for a pull or 2 just for numbers, but i don't think I would do it consistantly.

BTW I had them shut my pulls down at 6000.

6250 is the stock limiter. I wont tell you to over rev your car, but will tell you with our tune and tvs the power continues to build till 6700.

I shift at 6500-6600.

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

Mopower

Established Member
I would guess 650+ rwhp. It seems like most of the TVS dyno graphs that are posted have square tq & hp numbers usually. Now that you've added the H pipe even more. Nice job.

Do you by chance know what the FP duty cycle was?

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
6250 is the stock limiter. I wont tell you to over rev your car, but will tell you with our tune and tvs the power continues to build till 6700.

I shift at 6500-6600.

Lol thats good to know, because I actually did not know that. I had my pulls done to 6000. So I could have went to 6500 I take it ?

fullboogie

Established Member
I would guess 650+ rwhp. It seems like most of the TVS dyno graphs that are posted have square tq & hp numbers usually. Now that you've added the H pipe even more. Nice job.

Do you by chance know what the FP duty cycle was?

Good question, and I will admit I'm a complete idiot for not logging this. I installed the Livelink software and ran it through all the paces last weekend, just to make sure it would work on the dyno. I was about halfway to my buddy's shop (an hour away) when I realized I forgot my damn laptop. So, I missed a perfect chance to do some datalogging. I'm going to be kicking myself in the butt for weeks until I can get back on the dyno and get some logs.

However, I spoke with Justin on the phone twice about this very issue and told him I was ready and willing to buy whatever is needed to keep things safe, including injectors. He said it absolutely was not needed with the BAP, so I should be ok. I will do some datalogging in a few weeks, though, just to be sure.

Last edited:

fullboogie

Established Member
Thank you, Dave - I just wish I'd have gotten a complete set of numbers just for reference.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Thank you, Dave - I just wish I'd have gotten a complete set of numbers just for reference.

you can always go back, in fact, IMO, a car with after-market blower & mods should have a pull at least once a year with data logs to make sure all is GTG.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Lol thats good to know, because I actually did not know that. I had my pulls done to 6000. So I could have went to 6500 I take it ?

I would never tell you to do that. :cool:

Your FACTORY limiter is set at 6250.

Lets just say that if you searched around for dyno graphs of modified cars you won't find many that end their pull at the factory limit.

(was that "cya" enough? :D)

Bj

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Good question, and I will admit I'm a complete idiot for not logging this. I installed the Livelink software and ran it through all the paces last weekend, just to make sure it would work on the dyno. I was about halfway to my buddy's shop (an hour away) when I realized I forgot my damn laptop. So, I missed a perfect chance to do some datalogging. I'm going to be kicking myself in the butt for weeks until I can get back on the dyno and get some logs.

However, I spoke with Justin on the phone twice about this very issue and told him I was ready and willing to buy whatever is needed to keep things safe, including injectors. He said it absolutely was not needed with the BAP, so I should be ok. I will do some datalogging in a few weeks, though, just to be sure.

As you know you can do that with a solid 3rd gear boondocks pull if the road is warm enough.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Looking forward to doing this upgrade soon too.

So you did just a BAP no injectors? I've got a BAP and thought about adding injectors but, maybe I'll do it later.

I wanted to do 2.40 upper and 10% lower...but, want to make sure I am safe on fuel and overall. If I need injectors I'll do them or postpone the lower...til I get injectors.

Users who are viewing this thread