13 GT500 says buh bye to a C63 AMG coupe mercedes

TClark22

Established Member
In before 04 GT owners say his car is better than MB lol

The GT500 is a beast and it shows .not so much here because it was never really a race to begin with lol.

now hold on...i never said my 04 GT worth 9k was better than a 100+k mb

:beer:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
my boss is faster than my old kleemann k1 c63. was a pretty good car though. I suspect a 13 shelby would win every time.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member

c63 is NOT a 100k car.

here is my old one. kaz what do you have for mods? mine was just suspension, kleemann wheels, tune, and some exhaust work.

dsc_4869-L.jpg

dsc_4719-L.jpg

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member

Lol...I didn't say u said it " in before" you said it hahaha...just taking a jab at u man. I remember u said something to the effect of all MB are gar be in a thread where a MB was crushed. Not a big deal as you are entitled to your opinion. It was just a pathatic attempt to get u worked up and bash me and MB cars lol

kaz109

Established Member
c63 is NOT a 100k car.

here is my old one. kaz what do you have for mods? mine was just suspension, kleemann wheels, tune, and some exhaust work.

dsc_4869-L.jpg

dsc_4719-L.jpg

I am close to stock for 2 reasons. 1. It is my daliy and I don't wanna get mod crazy 2. Not sure if I wanna keep it or trade it in on a couple other cars I have been looking at since I don't need 4dr anymore .....mods are

O.E Tune
MHP LTH and mids
Dry filters

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
C63's are such cool cars. You'd never expect that they sound and perform the way they do, very comfortable ride too. The 13 gt500 is the muscle car to have. I'm considering parking one next to my 63 someday

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Hahahahahaha...that's cute I have a fan! No need to talk about your poor mans super car when the thread is about to two cars.

As I stated the gt500 is a beast and this was hardly a run but good to hear the exhaust from both. But I didn't realize the gt500 had such a low redline..that would seem boring to me

C63 has a 7300 redline and GT500 a 7000 redline, I dont see how a 300 rpm variance would make the GT500 boring when its making over 400ft lbs more tq to the wheels than the C63 at 3000rpms. :shrug:

14GT

Banned
C63 has a 7300 redline and GT500 a 7000 redline, I dont see how a 300 rpm variance would make the GT500 boring when its making over 400ft lbs more tq to the wheels than the C63 at 3000rpms. :shrug:

^^^^
Perfect example of not reading the whole thread before commenting on a post on the first page. FAIL.

kaz109

Established Member
^^^^
Perfect example of not reading the whole thread before commenting on a post on the first page. FAIL.

Thank you for pointing it out but it doesn't matter.....he is full of FAIL. It he could learn to read everything he would've seen post #13

Adiabatik

Banned
ROFL

"This C63 may only have 451HP/442TQ, but it counters with a swift-shifting 7-spd auto compared to the Mustangs manual......so it should be close".

WTF kind of retarded logic is that?!

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Cool vid but a more fun challenge would have been CL65 AMG, SL65 AMG, S65 AMG, SLR McLaren or SLS AMG GT Coupe "gullwing"

I find it amusing they pick the smallest V8 AMG to race a Shelby.
The only fast C63 AMG was the P51 Performance Package with SuperCharger.

kaz109

Established Member
Cool vid but a more fun challenge would have been CL65 AMG, SL65 AMG, S65 AMG, SLR McLaren or SLS AMG GT Coupe "gullwing"

I find it amusing they pick the smallest V8 AMG to race a Shelby.
The only fast C63 AMG was the P51 Performance Package with SuperCharger.

I think u are looking into this to deep..it wasn't meant to been an actual race to see who is faster or the better car because these two cars are even close to the same league . I mean sure a new CLS63 would've put up a better fight but still would've lost and still wouldn't of proved anything . Just two different types of vehicles. No need to get butthurt over C63 getting raped ( not directed toward you) as it simpley isn't on the same power level as a GT500. Hell I would love to lose to one if I could find one in my area

kaz109

Established Member
Can a 13 GT500 answer this question for me.......so I read that a 500 has a 6200 redline and a 7k over rev limiter. Can you explain how this works? I made a comment about it having such a low rev because I saw a 6k redline in the vid then members post it is 7k....so I research that is what I found. Care to elaborate?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Can a 13 GT500 answer this question for me.......so I read that a 500 has a 6200 redline and a 7k over rev limiter. Can you explain how this works? I made a comment about it having such a low rev because I saw a 6k redline in the vid then members post it is 7k....so I research that is what I found. Care to elaborate?

The over rev feature is only active once the car reaches operating temps. So on a cold start like they showed, the redline showed about 6K. But once its warm one of those illuminated red zones shuts off, there by making the full rpm range available. The most useful power is up to 65-6700 rpm. The 7k rpm is really there for those times you are racing and really wanna get the most out of every gear. You can only remain at 7K for about 7-8 seconds and then the computer will kick you down. I myself almost never go to 7k. Thats it in a nutshell.

kaz109

Established Member
The over rev feature is only active once the car reaches operating temps. So on a cold start like they showed, the redline showed about 6K. But once its warm one of those illuminated red zones shuts off, there by making the full rpm range available. The most useful power is up to 65-6700 rpm. The 7k rpm is really there for those times you are racing and really wanna get the most out of every gear. You can only remain at 7K for about 7-8 seconds and then the computer will kick you down. I myself almost never go to 7k. Thats it in a nutshell.

Ok makes sense. Same as with a M3 or M5... redline is 5k and slowly reaches 8+ k redline when at full warm temp. Thanks :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread