13 GT vs 15 GT

silverbullit02

Established Member
Driving back from picking up some parts for my buddies car I see a pretty nice track pack 15. Car sounded good definitely had exhaust. No idea what else expect for the kinda douche frat boy driving it lol. Any way follow him a little more we pull out onto the main highway in Mexico and go from 60 to 130 I was in front he was at my door. Is this about right? My mods are catted x-pipe jlt and bassani axle back with a bama V2 tune.

q6543

Established Member
Not really I just run orx, aed tune. And I destroy 15s, I am on a et street though. Were talking by 2 or more cars per gear.

BMR Tech

I went 12.6@112 in my 2015 auto, with 32 miles on the car. I had skinnies, and rear DR and removed a seat. I raced a stock 2012 with a tune only (auto) and beat him, barely.

silverbullit02

Established Member
I went 12.6@112 in my 2015 auto, with 32 miles on the car. I had skinnies, and rear DR and removed a seat. I raced a stock 2012 with a tune only (auto) and beat him, barely.

Yea my buddy and myself are both not very skinny guys us together are about 500lbs. He was probably 150 wet. I think the weight of me and him in my car played a part in him keeping up. I know I would have got him by more if I was alone.

I just want to figure out if you guys agree he was tuned or not.

b_dike

Established Member
I'm pretty sure the out going 5.0's are just a tad bit quicker than the new 15's stock vs stock. On a road coarse the 15's are probably quicker though...

BTW, nice kill... I've yet to run one on the street.

keith12GT

Established Member
Without knowing his mods for sure it is hard to tell about how you should have done. You won so nice kill.

Desert Dog

Established Member
I have a 13 gt A6 that currently only has a Steeda CAI and email tune for engine mods. I have Nitto 555s and BMR control arms too. My car is no ringer and seems to be run-of-mill. It dyno-ed 370rwhp stock at a local dyno day. it is barely breaking mid 12s on a good day with a trap of 111-112mph.

I easily walked a guy with a 15 GT manual, by a lot. This guy also knows how to drive and has an LS powered stang that runs in the 9s, but the 15 is a new daily driver that will turn into a future project. He recently had the 15 dyno tuned in Downey and I still beat him almost a car, with my lowly Steeda tune. I was shocked because he has a higher HP stock car, a better tune, and he is a better driver.

I think that IRS may be sucking out more power than people think.

I also test drove a 15 GT at Jim Burke Ford. I didn't feel any difference in handling compared to my 13. They both feel like they need new springs straight from the factory. The line lock in the 15 is badass though!

Last edited:

Bmr4life

Established Member
I have a 13 gt A6 that currently only has a Steeda CAI and email tune for engine mods. I have Nitto 555s and BMR control arms too. My car is no ringer and seems to be run-of-mill. It dyno-ed 370rwhp stock at a local dyno day. it is barely breaking mid 12s on a good day with a trap of 111-112mph.

I easily walked a guy with a 15 GT manual, by a lot. This guy also knows how to drive and has an LS powered stang that runs in the 9s, but the 15 is a new daily driver that will turn into a future project. He recently had the 15 dyno tuned in Downey and I still beat him almost a car, with my lowly Steeda tune. I was shocked because he has a higher HP stock car, a better tune, and he is a better driver.

I think that IRS may be sucking out more power than people think.

I also test drove a 15 GT at Jim Burke Ford. I didn't feel any difference in handling compared to my 13. They both feel like they need new springs straight from the factory. The line lock in the 15 is badass though!

Did you take the 15 on a road course? Kinda hard to compare doing a street test drive.

Users who are viewing this thread