'13 GT vs '09 R6

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
Today I pulled the slicks off so the mustang can see some dd duty duty for a while. Naturally, the first stop light I come to, a blue r6 pulls up and revs the crap out of it. I ignore him for a while until we get on to the highway where it is clear he isn't going to shift until we race. I down shift at about 60 and he takes off. I feel obligated to do the same. Now that he has a car lead I start making ground. He looks in his mirror, then over his shoulder. You can see the disbelief in his body language as I pass him. At 140 I had at least 2 1/2 cars on him and decided to shut it down. My car is a '13 gt with a procharger . The bike was an 09 r6 with a slip on only. It felt so good to get the stang out again.

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
Nice kill

R6's are a quick bike,all the 6's from the big 3 are. I had an 03 and miss it all the time. either the rider didnt know where his power band was our you are making some good power.

if he wasnt in 2nd then he deserved to loose. Those bikes rev to the moon and make all their power within a stones throw of the moon

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
Nice kill

R6's are a quick bike,all the 6's from the big 3 are. I had an 03 and miss it all the time. either the rider didnt know where his power band was our you are making some good power.

if he wasnt in 2nd then he deserved to loose. Those bikes rev to the moon and make all their power within a stones throw of the moon

Car makes in the 6xx's depending on the tune. I've never lost to a 600 yet. But they make some good races:) I miss mine too.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Nice kill, I don't care what ppl say about racing 600s. It's a great feeling to beat a 600cc bike. I still need to do alum ds, headers, 3.6 pulley and xpipe then I'm gonna try to keep up with a gsxr 750(guy at work). My tune is better since the dyno so I should b closer to 600rwhp now.

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
Nice kill, I don't care what ppl say about racing 600s. It's a great feeling to beat a 600cc bike. I still need to do alum ds, headers, 3.6 pulley and xpipe then I'm gonna try to keep up with a gsxr 750(guy at work). My tune is better since the dyno so I should b closer to 600rwhp now.

I think you would be surprised, the pulley alone with a good tune would probably get you there. Im jealous of your color scheme, your car is beautiful .

Users who are viewing this thread