13/14 gt500 mufflers

98v8

Established Member
i got mine from taska ford there a vendor on here as well. 10% over cost from ford great guys to deal with. excellent customer service my first set they sent came in with damaged tips and they sent me a new pair out quickly and without hassle. would recommend if you wanted to buy them new. theres plenty in the market tho for a little cheaper if you dont mind used though

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
335 shipped from Rehagen racing, ordered mine last Tuesday. They are low mile take-offs. They usually have a few sets on hand from time to time. I ordered the valance from Stangmods, 229 shipped.

Killer48

Established Member
I found a set on craigslist this weekend and ordered the valance from tousley. The valance was 189 shipped

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Installed them this morning...

surgery

2v92kgp.jpg

vy6yhf.jpg

2akemnq.jpg

Done
zob1qc.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Looks good. How long did everything take?

around 3 1/2 hours...I am pretty sure that I could knock an hour off that time if I were to do it again. I took my time, the actual trimming of the bumper took no time, it was drilling/cutting/filing the slots for the lower valance that took the most time. I also wrestled with getting it back on the car, though removing the bumper was easy.

I used these instructions from ford racing parts

Remove the rear wheels and tail lights, it makes everything easier. On step six, removing those white push pins is a bitch, just drill them out with a small bit. You do not reuse them, the GT500 valance comes with new ones.

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
They sounded even better than expected, I couldn't be happier with the tone. Right now, I have a JBA O-R X and the 13-14 GT500s only. When I get headers, I plan to switch to an H-pipe. I'm getting a bit of drone right now that headers and an H should alleviate.

Killer48

Established Member
They sounded even better than expected, I couldn't be happier with the tone. Right now, I have a JBA O-R X and the 13-14 GT500s only. When I get headers, I plan to switch to an H-pipe. I'm getting a bit of drone right now that headers and an H should alleviate.

Do you still have factory oap with resonators?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Yes. I'm trying to decide whether I can deal with switching to Lethal OAPs. The drone isn't going to kill me, I just prefer to avoid it if possible. I'd like a little more volume, so I'm going to have to make a trade off one way or the other.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yes. I'm trying to decide whether I can deal with switching to Lethal OAPs. The drone isn't going to kill me, I just prefer to avoid it if possible. I'd like a little more volume, so I'm going to have to make a trade off one way or the other.

I have been considering the Lethal Over Axle Pipes as well, they are very nice...still its hard to want to cough up 349.00 OAPS! I might just cut those resonators out and weld straight pipe in.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I have a set of stock ones painted black off a 2013 that I will be selling later this week. I think the owner wants like $500.00

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
keep in mind you are severely limited to other axlebacks you can run once you do this. Nobody tells you this, but I will. There are only a few quad tip systems out there if you ever get tired of the GT500 mufflers.....

Alternatively you can get the 11/12 single tip GT500 mufflers and those sound great too with no modding needed. They are like $330 brand new from LMR. Just thought I would put that out there.

Users who are viewing this thread