13/14 GT500 hook me up

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
You will absolutely need LCA relo brackets. Rear suspension geometry in these cars are a joke from the factory for drag racing. You will just spin and spin even with prep if your suspension isnt planting the power to the part of the tire contacting the surface.

If you go with poly urethane bushing LCAs, buy a few replacement sets of bushings. They WILL blow out on you eventually. Rod end adjustable arms with create a bit more noise street driving, but they are worth their weight in gold for what they do on the track.

I give another +1 to Viking Warrior DA rear shocks. You wont need air bags with those. Worth every penny they ask for. Obviously you will lose your on board bilstiens, but the Vikings are worlds better for the track.

Drag radials are great for roll racing and auto drag cars. They will kill axles in manual cars. I bent 3 in mine on them. I just switched to bias plys. I havent even tapped into their full abilities to launch a stick car but I love my Hoosiers... only brand ill buy for the track.

I know the Trinity Shelbys were designed for 200 mph certification, but if you want to drag race, 4.10s are the bee's knees! Frankly, I think they are the perfect gears for the GT500. 13-14 needed a tall ass rear gear for that 200mph cert. Real world and drag racing? 4.10's All. Day. Long. Wish I would have swapped sooner to be honest.

Last edited:

RBB

Established Member
You will absolutely need LCA relo brackets. Rear suspension geometry in these cars are a joke from the factory for drag racing. You will just spin and spin even with prep if your suspension isnt planting the power to the part of the tire contacting the surface.

If you go with poly urethane bushing LCAs, buy a few replacement sets of bushings. They WILL blow out on you eventually. Rod end adjustable arms with create a bit more noise street driving, but they are worth their weight in gold for what they do on the track.

I give another +1 to Viking Warrior DA rear shocks. You wont need air bags with those. Worth every penny they ask for. Obviously you will lose your on board bilstiens, but the Vikings are worlds better for the track.

Drag radials are great for roll racing and auto drag cars. They will kill axles in manual cars. I bent 3 in mine on them. I just switched to bias plys. I havent even tapped into their full abilities to launch a stick car but I love my Hoosiers... only brand ill buy for the track.

I know the Trinity Shelbys were designed for 200 mph certification, but if you want to drag race, 4.10s are the bee's knees! Frankly, I think they are the perfect gears for the GT500. 13-14 needed a tall as rear gear for that 200mph cert. Real world and drag racing? 4.10's All. Day. Long. Wish I would have swapped soon to be honest.
Good advice from bimini and lexus. To add on to lexus's post, I meant to mention that you should just forget about the poly bushings. The added NVH with rod ends and/or bearings is negligible, IMO. Go with rod ends on your LCAs and get BMR's Ultimate UCA with the spherical bearing.

HOSTIL

Established Member
The last thing I want is noisy control arms, so if I'm hearing correctly...the rod ends with bearings is the way to go? I had ran 3.90 gears in my 04 Cobra and they were perfect for me, and I'm looking real hard at the 4:10 v. 3:90, thanks for the advice , my next question will be what tire size to get maximum gear?

This is what I wanted to hear, thank to all!!

hostile500

Established Member
If you plan on running the same tires on the drag strip you'll want to get something in a 305/35/20 drag radial. If you are running stock rims. I am running the nitto NT555Rs on the street and NT05Rs on the track. They hook up well. Best all around tire I think is the R888s by Toyo. Hear a lot of good things about them.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

HOSTIL

Established Member
I would go with a 20X11 rear wheel and looking at running at MT ET Street DR
P305/35R19 (27.2 inches) or P305/35R20 (28.7 inches) based on gear (4:10 or 3:90) I decide on. Thanks

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
305/35/20 MT and 20x11 should would well. The tall 28.7" matches a 4.10 perfectly and fills the wheel well without lowering too much and hurting suspension geometry.
Good luck man.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread