doubletrouble_zps661d56ee.jpg

ironturd_zps1126e16b.jpg

sparejunkblockwithcastcrank_zpsc7262562.jpg

bassackwards_zps7a0d422b.jpg

bassackwards1_zps1028eb58.jpg

afro

Why?
Established Member
I wonder how far out that valve train will be rev'n to for 1200whp. I'm guessing at least 10k rpm.

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
Have you seen the CDub Racing 4 cylinder Mustang?

[video=youtube;krX69pP7Lyg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krX69pP7Lyg[/video]

Good luck with yours, that engine looks pretty damn awesome!

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
interesting manifold setup with the tb at the opposite end. Looks like it would actually sit inside the firewall on a stock Fox body engine mounting location. Are you using the Esslinger XT components?

STANGMAN93

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. This engine is very 10k+ capable. I will probably end up shifting into second around 9500. I was twisting the old 2012 engine up to 9100. The new engine is HD aftermarket block from Esslinger Engineering. The head setup is also Esslingers. It is their XT head, extra cam tower, extra tall, extra badass. Raised intake and exhaust ports, custom cam .695" lift 260deg duration at .050", titanium intake, inconel exhaust. Billet rotating assembly. Running just a 7675 CEA Presicion turbo with awic with 6 Precision 1000hp cores in the middle. I use a little nitrous to get it up on the converter. Intake and header are custom by me along with about everything else.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, that is an impressive setup. You've got some definite design/fabrication skills. Be sure to shoot a video when you start testing the setup. :thumbsup:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Thanks for the replies. This engine is very 10k+ capable. I will probably end up shifting into second around 9500. I was twisting the old 2012 engine up to 9100. The new engine is HD aftermarket block from Esslinger Engineering. The head setup is also Esslingers. It is their XT head, extra cam tower, extra tall, extra badass. Raised intake and exhaust ports, custom cam .695" lift 260deg duration at .050", titanium intake, inconel exhaust. Billet rotating assembly. Running just a 7675 CEA Presicion turbo with awic with 6 Precision 1000hp cores in the middle. I use a little nitrous to get it up on the converter. Intake and header are custom by me along with about everything else.

So badass! What's the goals for it now? 7's?

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
Have you seen the CDub Racing 4 cylinder Mustang?

[video=youtube;krX69pP7Lyg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krX69pP7Lyg[/video]

Good luck with yours, that engine looks pretty damn awesome!

That is awesome as well! Reminds me of back in the day when I used to do a lot of street racing a guy in Nanuet, NY had a 81-82 or so Dodge Challenger with a 4G63T with a FP Red I believe. Obviously this is way faster.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
That is awesome as well! Reminds me of back in the day when I used to do a lot of street racing a guy in Nanuet, NY had a 81-82 or so Dodge Challenger with a 4G63T with a FP Red I believe. Obviously this is way faster.

We did a lot of street racing back in the day in Nanuet with a Vortech'd 91 GT. Don't remember seeing any Challengers but did run a nasty 1st gen Firebird several times.

From what I know about the Esslinger/XT stuff this is definitely not the cheap way to make 1200hp:) But definitely one of the more entertaining builds I've seen in a while!

STANGMAN93

Established Member
The goal is to become the quickest Ford 4 cylinder(lima based, maybe overall) door car in the Nation. The quickest et that I know ofis 7.41 by Don Nase in a Ranger he ran in NOPI. It def. is not cheap to build a 4 cylinder to make over a 1000hp! For the same money I could have a 2500hp+ V8 platform.

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
We did a lot of street racing back in the day in Nanuet with a Vortech'd 91 GT. Don't remember seeing any Challengers but did run a nasty 1st gen Firebird several times.

From what I know about the Esslinger/XT stuff this is definitely not the cheap way to make 1200hp:) But definitely one of the more entertaining builds I've seen in a while!

This was early to mid 2000's and it was black and I believe a built auto. I think the guy's name was Dave if I remember right. I'm pretty sure he was into DSM's before he had the swapped Challenger as well.

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
This was early to mid 2000's and it was black and I believe a built auto. I think the guy's name was Dave if I remember right. I'm pretty sure he was into DSM's before he had the swapped Challenger as well.

Well then I'm really dating myself. We used to do this back in the early/mid 90's. Was much less crowded before the Palisades mall went up and the Orangetown cops had a bit better sense of humor. Nanuet cops never did:)

Users who are viewing this thread