120 or 160 lb injectors to reach 1000whp?

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
Who's got to 1k whp mark on a mod motor with E85? :shrug:

I'm out of injector w/ the 80's so I'm upgrading.
I really don't want a base pressure of more than 48psi , and I have heard good things about the 120's

I'm going versafueler w/ low imp injectors

GodStang

Established Member
1000rwhp on what a TS or Turbo? That is two totally different things. On turbo you should be able to hit it with something around 90lbs I would think. Twin screw then something a little bigger. The 48psi base pressure is what will kill you.

04cobrawhine

Established Member
What will I gain for $1100 ?

a much better spray patter, wich will give you a much better idle, better fuel atomization wich will potentially lead to more power, and your tuner will thank you that he wont have to tune with a driver.

i understand the price thing, im the same way, but i like the best of the best and dont want just "something that will work".

GodStang

Established Member
At this time we have yet to find anyone that has run id2000 on a 99-04 stock computer. I am about to have to ya k mine since they will no work.

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
I have 160s and a versafueler driver for my race car but I've heard eric brooks say he had difficulty tuning the 160s initially but that you can still have good idle and driveability, not just at WOT. Ill be tuning my racecar with sct software with help from a few tuners and ill see how it goes. I'm shooting for whatever power gets me mid to low 8s consistently

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
If you're going to spend the money on injectors, just go with the 160's and be done with it. I had the 120's and they actually flow 106 lbs/hr. According to my calculations based off of a friend's real world dyno numbers and duty cycles (turbo Cobra), they would not make 1000rwhp with a turbo with a "reasonable" base fuel pressure. This is with a manual trans. Sure somebody may claim they have made 1000rwhp with the 120's but the base fuel pressure had to be very high--like 60-70 PSI. The higher the base pressure the less your pumps flow. So they will max out earlier. There are also some really inflated correction factors out there to consider with turbo cars.

So my advice is just to go with the 160's because I can bet if you go with the 120's, you'll be getting rid of those like I did and stepping up to the 160's anyway.

One more thing. It also depends on what blend of E85 was used. Run E68/E70 and you'll stretch them further. Run E85 and they won't go as far.

Users who are viewing this thread