12' w/e85 how to?

sncbluegt

Established Member
My car is currently a bone stock 2012 non daily driver and I'm looking for a good place to start doing some mods. In the future I'm going to add a roush tvs or whipple and I don't want to go backwards on mods..so I'm looking at adding parts that I can continue to benefit from as opposed to swapping them out as I go. Right now I'm looking at doing Lethals power package that is the o/r H with the lund sct programming. I'd like to get the 93 aggressive tune but 93 isn't available in my area...can my fuel system handle a small blend of e85 to boost it from 91 to 93? On the same aspect can the fuel system handle 100% e85 or is there not enough delivery for that? FWIW I really wanted to do the BOSS side pipe kit but for the price of doing that and the cat delete and the programming I don't see the gains worth the price and I'm still stuck with the restricive piping.

twistedneck

Established Member
every time you mix gas you need to re-tune the car. either you tune it for 93 or e85. if you go e85 get the 47lb injectors at a minimum since you are planning more mods get the id1000's.

91 tune is still a lot better than 87. but I too am converting to e85 this winter just to protect the pistons for detonation and a lean meltdown, oh and it smells nice if you have a cat delete. with 93 we are more apt to have bad gas really mess our motor up on a 93 tune.

mixing the fuels changes the stoichiometric ideal ratio, and I don't think our cars can tune for that just with the trims. not sure though.

Users who are viewing this thread