12 Hour Car Wash on Mustang Shelby GT ( Time Lapse )

SON1C

Established Member
[video=youtube;zvNnMk15qa0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvNnMk15qa0[/video]
Time lapse detailing video on this Ford Mustang Shelby GT, only the earlier portions of the detail were filmed as the camera died.
10530891_10203403531461558_7093096041731475671_n.j  pg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I saw a similar video once. Seeing someone detail a car for 12 hours inspires me to detail my wife's car. Maybe not 12 hours, though. LOL.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
black cars... if you have ocd, you'll be driven NUTS. if you don't have ocd, prepare to have it.

edit:

nice detailing op. you have way more patience than i do. :beer:

TClark22

Established Member
umm all I saw was you foaming the car like 12 times...lol but by the end list in the video it looks like you did do paint correction, must have been so fast i missed that in this 12hr detail time lapse.

lol. Me and my brother just tackled his car this past weekend...I think we put like 8-10 hours in it (wash, clay, m105, m205, glaze, wax)

VNMUS03

Established Member
Looked like you just washed it a couple times. Lol that pressure washer looked kinda weak tho op.

chao5.0

Established Member
I don't mind cleaning my car on a weekly basis but to spend 12 hours detailing it, that is just not for me I'll gladly pay someone to do it because I wouldn't know where to start or if I'm doing it right to begin with.

StangMan04

Established Member
Probably should have saved the battery for more that the end. Looks like you only foamed the car 3 times and cleaned the wheels from that time lapse. I don't have 12 hours in a day to dedicate to detailing my car.

I may not be that huge into detailing, but the car looked clean before the wash as it did afterwards in my eyes. Maybe video some really dirty vehicles and show the end result. Those may be worth the 12 hour detail.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Probably should have saved the battery for more that the end. Looks like you only foamed the car 3 times and cleaned the wheels from that time lapse. I don't have 12 hours in a day to dedicate to detailing my car.

I may not be that huge into detailing, but the car looked clean before the wash as it did afterwards in my eyes. Maybe video some really dirty vehicles and show the end result. Those may be worth the 12 hour detail.

Not knocking the OP's video, but yeah, that's the thing with far too many "detailing" videos. They start with a clean car and finish with a clean car. You can't even tell what they did.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
It all depends on how deep you want to look. I can see a major difference between start/end, while some may not want to dedicate the time to keeping a car perfect. Some others do. Nice work man!

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Look at the difference in the reflection of the ski on the hood at 31 seconds as opposed to 4:30.

Thanks for taking time to make this.

Pretty cool!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I don't know about 12hrs but my buddy spent about 5-6hrs on my car before he got done.

Users who are viewing this thread