12' gt DDM tuning hid kit

jdcobra

Established Member
Have you called DDM? I had some issues on the kit for my 2011, guy there was very helpful.

Could be as simple as they sent you the wrong kit.

Yea I did and the guy was being a real prick so I said F DDM and their cheap crap

mikestoyz

Established Member
What other kits does everyone suggest besides the ddm?

Sorry to bring this up, but I must update. A ddm slim ballast died within 4 months of use. The relay was trash.

I got a h13 relay from theretrofitsource.

It has a built in capacitor, and works flawlessly. Never have a light that won't come on, flickering, or issues with the lights on and I start the car. Spend the $35 and get a good relay.

I'm going to do a full retrofit and will be using one of their kits.

jdcobra

Established Member
Sorry to bring this up, but I must update. A ddm slim ballast died within 4 months of use. The relay was trash.

I got a h13 relay from theretrofitsource.

It has a built in capacitor, and works flawlessly. Never have a light that won't come on, flickering, or issues with the lights on and I start the car. Spend the $35 and get a good relay.

I'm going to do a full retrofit and will be using one of their kits.

Sorry I'm a noob with some of these terms but what does retrofit mean exactly? I went with a hid kit from a local car audio place and the ballast died on me last night -_- I'm just gonna spend 200 bucks and get a nice set.

- Josh

mikestoyz

Established Member
Sorry I'm a noob with some of these terms but what does retrofit mean exactly? I went with a hid kit from a local car audio place and the ballast died on me last night -_- I'm just gonna spend 200 bucks and get a nice set.

- Josh

Taking the stock non hid housings and mounting a projector inside.

I'd bet the ones from retrofitsource.com are good. They sell a bi-xenon h13 kit with relay for 160 ish.
No more eBay or ddm stuff. Besides, their warranty is trash

jdcobra

Established Member
Yea and forget about trying to get quality customer service from DDM I had both locations I called putting blame on the other one lol.

- Josh

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
FX-R Stage III retrofit kit is what you want to go after. It uses their in house brand HID components (Morimoto ballasts and bulbs) and utilizes a reverse engineered Infiniti FX projector system. You can always step up to the Stage IV (OE ballasts, Morimoto bulbs) or the Stage V (OE ballasts, OE Philips OSRAM bulbs). Most people go for the Stage III kit (I chose this and passed it on to a buddy for his truck) and I must say it is a quality kit, and IMO, and excellent investment.

Users who are viewing this thread