12' gt DDM tuning hid kit

jdcobra

Established Member
I bought my father a 5k low beam hid kit and I was told it was supposed to be plug n play but for some reason I'm having difficulty with it. Also was told that the fog light bulbs I needed were an H-11 but I found out now that I need H-10 -_- I haven't had this much difficulty with an HID kit ever in my life. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
I bought my father a 5k low beam hid kit and I was told it was supposed to be plug n play but for some reason I'm having difficulty with it. Also was told that the fog light bulbs I needed were an H-11 but I found out now that I need H-10 -_- I haven't had this much difficulty with an HID kit ever in my life. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

What exactly is the problem youre having?

jdcobra

Established Member
Nothing plugs in properly, I did it the way I did when I installed a DDM tuning hid kit in my 04 cobra and everything went together nicely. I think they have given me the wrong kit. I'd just like to know the steps in setting up a ddm tuning hid kit to ensure I did it properly.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Do the bulbs fit in the housing? If so I had a similar issue, what I did.

1. On the ddm kit there is 2 wires coming off the bulb and ballest, file down the end a bit so they slide into a plunge on the cars harness, the two outer prunges are the power and negative slots.

2. Turn the lights on with the key in the on position, if it doesn't light up turn everything off a flip the wires, after it works just duck tape them and it will be fine, I went two years a ok

jdcobra

Established Member
Yea the bulbs fit. Ok thanks jay! I'll give that a try!

mikestoyz

Established Member
I had to remove mine when the relay took a dump on me, left the lights during the day and killed my battery. Was only 4 months old. Gonna find some high quality relays and build my own.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I had to remove mine when the relay took a dump on me, left the lights during the day and killed my battery. Was only 4 months old. Gonna find some high quality relays and build my own.

With ddm you have to manually turn them on ad off everytime

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
With ddm you have to manually turn them on ad off everytime

I had this happen once in my truck with my old DDM kit. I was sitting in my truck before morning class and I kept seeing lights flash on and off. Came to realize it was my lights. I just unplugged the harness so it wouldn't kill the battery....

DDM is crap, sorry... Headlights, like brakes or tires, aren't something you should cheap out on.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I had this happen once in my truck with my old DDM kit. I was sitting in my truck before morning class and I kept seeing lights flash on and off. Came to realize it was my lights. I just unplugged the harness so it wouldn't kill the battery....

DDM is crap, sorry... Headlights, like brakes or tires, aren't something you should cheap out on.

Never had an issue, I'm running their ds3 bulbs in my hids and they are perfect

mikestoyz

Established Member

I ran a set in my last car for 3 years. They worked good except for an occasional flicker.

With this set I ordered a new harness from a different supplier and the lights wouldn't turn on all the time. Had enough, and just pulled them.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

Your only running their bulbs (D3S BTW :beer:), which means the most you could experience of DDM is either bad arc alignment or bulbs that don't match color wise.

What color temp are you running anyways?

I ran a set in my last car for 3 years. They worked good except for an occasional flicker.

With this set I ordered a new harness from a different supplier and the lights wouldn't turn on all the time. Had enough, and just pulled them.

If you really want better HID's, buy an OEM set, or talk to yuke about doing a retrofit... Or do a retrofit yourself if you feel comfortable with pulling one off.

here is a 2010 just to give you an idea

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...10-mustang-gt-bixenon-projector-retrofit.html

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Retrofit FTW!

I've been tempted to purchase a set of the DDM D3S bulbs myself to see how they compare (Jay you still haven't posted pics...:bash: )

as offroadkarter stated earlier, don't cheap out on something that you rely on to see at night, and to have other people see you.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Your only running their bulbs (D3S BTW :beer:), which means the most you could experience of DDM is either bad arc alignment or bulbs that don't match color wise.

What color temp are you running anyways?

[/url]

i am only running DS3's on my 2013 (5K), butttttt my 2011 i ran both kits for the head and fog lights in mine both 5 K as well with ZERO ISSUES!

ive heard of failures but maybe its better to do what i did and just go from their kit to the harness and tape it off rather then getting their harness :shrug:

jdcobra

Established Member
I got tired of them and just trashed them. Picked up a bi xenon kit for 80 bucks at my local audio shop and they were plug n play

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
i am only running DS3's on my 2013 (5K), butttttt my 2011 i ran both kits for the head and fog lights in mine both 5 K as well with ZERO ISSUES!

ive heard of failures but maybe its better to do what i did and just go from their kit to the harness and tape it off rather then getting their harness :shrug:

The first set of DDM's on my truck never gave me issues, I have a set on my dads sierra that have been fine for 2 years. DDM just has very inconsistent... well, a lot of things honestly.

Do who what where with the harness now? :D

I got tired of them and just trashed them. Picked up a bi xenon kit for 80 bucks at my local audio shop and they were plug n play

10 bucks says they were made by the same chinese factory...

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Yeah, I ran DDM kits in my F150 in both headlights and fogs for 2+ years with no issues. I eventually removed them to prepare for my retrofit install, but then the truck was totaled.

JerryC

Established Member
Have you called DDM? I had some issues on the kit for my 2011, guy there was very helpful.

Could be as simple as they sent you the wrong kit.

Users who are viewing this thread