12' 5.0 next add-on builds

Redgt12

Established Member
I have almost stock 5.0 mustang besides roush axle-backs. So what's next? Any thoughts..? Gears, suspension, etc? I don't want go broke in process, but moderate modding. Thanks

toomnymods

Established Member
well for me the biggest fun factor mods hands down have been:
MGW shifter, 1 piece Driveshaft Shop driveshaft, and AED tune..
those mods will defintly make the car perform like a true sports car..next i'd do cheaper mods like LCA's, UCA, panhardbar, struts and shocks cause the stock suspension on these cars suck..

Angry50

Established Member
I went off road x and tune for HP. haven't felt the need for any suspension work yet but I don't get to the track often. I currently just have the SR performance shifter and steeda bracket although I am wanting the MGW but it shifts fine as is.

john11gt

Established Member
My list would be exhaust > tune > sticky tires > lowering springs. Tires being for me, the best performance mod. Making a bunch of power is cool but spinning through the first 3 gears makes the car feel slower.

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
I am still looking to hold onto my warranty for a little longer so I did suspension first and it completely changed how my car drives and feels and than I did wheels and tires which completely changed the look and got stickier tires so I can actually put down the power.

It all depends on what you feel is more important. Next year I cannot wait to put an in take, AED tune, and X-pipe on my car.

PC03GT

Established Member
Do what he said o/r pipe, intake, and tune, that will really wake the car up!

Redgt12

Established Member
Which o/r/x do you guys like? I'm already at 35k miles so warranty isn't too much a worry.
I've heard bad reviews on bbk,

twistedneck

Established Member
Headers for sure, make sure its a nice stainless set of Kooks or Stainless works.. quality.

Kooks O/R X is nice also. Don't bother with the mufflers - the combo of headers, o/r x, and kooks mufflers would be unbearably loud, get the Ford racing 50 state legal 'touring' muffler. I have it now with the above combo and resonator deletes.. its loud but not 'that guy' loud.

the other big upgrade is aluminum flywheel and light clutch.

Angry50

Established Member
usually O/R X is a good bang for the buck with a tune. gears are good seat of the pants feelings if you you have factory gears.

IT-Purrrs

Established Member

Angry50

Established Member
If you want to sound like everyone else get an X pipe. If you want a deep growl go with an h pipe

Hello!
jbermudez7803 shared a video with you.

View Video, http://s35.photobucket.com/user/jbe.../VID_20131230_115143_442_zpsae8ff557.mp4.html

sounds about as deep as mine and I have an X. I think it depends on the exhaust setup. from what I have seen leaving the stock resonators in keeps the rasp down. H vs X I hear is X just sounds a little smoother. I have O/R X with flowmaster outlaws and it sounds pretty deep

Users who are viewing this thread