115 miles perhour,,got caught

96cobrakid

Established Member
I was cought doing 120...opps

Well after reading this I think I have to chime in. About 6 months ago I was following a buddy in his 97 TA. We were doing about 90 avg. It was about 11pm on a saturday night. (No drinking involved) Just enjoying our cars. Well a cop, not in his district saw us and stayed back until we crossed into where he could pull us over. He got behind me, then made sure I knew to pull over, he then proceeded to leave me and go after my friend. We both puller over in the same spot on an exit ramp. When i got pulled over i was doing about 85, i was like okay, no biggy. but then 2 cops came down the wrong way on the on ramp in front of us, and 2 more behind us, so we have 5 cops on the scene. the first thing he says to me is turn off your car and give me your keys, right then I knew it wasn't good. to make the story short, we didn't get taken in that night. we each got the same tix. "racing on streets...110 in a 60" "Careless & Imprudent Driving-lanechange/following to close" and lastly "110 when limited to 60"
He told my mom(they called our parents) he clocked me doing 120, but was only giving me a ticket for 110. Which is BS. the ticket said he was pacing me. I know i didn't go over 110 though. I redine 3rd at 110mph. Once I hit redline, i let out of it. he was over embeleshing for my mom. But after my lawer fixed them this is what I got. 2pts on my license....$573.50 fine....2 different driving schools and a 1 year felony probabtion. Best part is, my lawyer did it all for free! gotta love her (friends mom :)) A compliment to my car... he said he wouldn't have cought me if he didn't have a new car, and he radioed the next three districts down the highway to look for us...:)

ntechnic

Established Member
OK, all of this makes my recent experience even harder to explain.

I was nailed on a SoCal freeway at 95 in a 65. It’s a fast freeway, fast lane usually cruises at 75+, but I was in that “auto pilot” zone and my Mustang was loafing at 95 between “packs” of cars.

Pulled over by a team of Highway Patrol officers (2 in 1 car). My car looked stock, but from the rear, you can see the large white “FUEL SAFE” letters on the bottom of the fuel cell www.novustechnic.com/tempmustang/index.htm. Officer that was driving tells me (after the usual “do you know how fast you were going?” “Oh, you know, the speed limit” Q & A—I never confess to actual speeds, although I copped to not paying close attention this time) they paced me at 95. Asks for license, reg., & proof of insurance.

I’m thinking, damn, first ticket in seven years. At least it’s under 100 mph—automatic 2 point violation here. But, I was thinking that I can’t even go to traffic school on that high of a speed in this county, double damn.

Officer comes back and tells me, “Sir, I too have a real nice performance car. You have to pay attention, 95 is too fast to be safe.” With that, I get my paperwork back and with a “Have a nice day” they let me go.

I bought lotto tickets that night.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
Heh, IN michigan, it's actually illegal for the magistrate to cut points

Sat in a Michigan traffic court yesterday (doing research for my 70 in a 65 ticket) and the magistrate accepted a plea from "reckless driving" to "impeding traffic" specifically told the defendant "this is a good deal, just pay the fine and no points". I talked with the defendant in the hallway, and she said it cost her $500 for a lawyer who talked with the judge and prosecutor before the hearing.

Can the judge/magistrate just take a judgement "under advisement" and drop the whole thing if you keep a clean record? What's better, plea it down to a zero-point, or ask for "advisement"?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Hillie, love the new avatar.

Micheal Chiklis as Vic Mackey is awesome. Not too many of my collegues share my view though.

Thumbsup!

PrinzII

Established Member
I got roasted for doing 93 in a 55 by a state trooper and he told me that 40 over is technically felony speeding in IL. But I am starting to realize that this is dependent on the trooper.

However, I got off because he did not show to court and since I posted bond right then and there to keep my license, they refunded my bond $$. :D

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Originally posted by hillie16
Never heard of "under advisement"

:read: Apparently quite common in Michigan, where minor / first time offenders can have judgement held for a period of time. If no further offenses, case is discharged "as if it never happened" (according to judge). Of course, you pay "costs" up front.... if you have further trouble with the law in the time period, you're automatically smacked with the harshest penalty and fine. :nono:

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
I got pulled over for 120 in a 45 the other night...was racing a black corvette....I thought I was done for...the cop was young and was real cool to the situation.....he reamed me for about 15 minutes, was in his car about 10 and came back, tossed my lisense and registration on my lap and said it was my lucky day, he walked away so fast I didn't even get to say thanks.....I am still in shock.....never have I gotten out of a stop like that....

saleen697

Established Member
here in NYC they turn your car into one of there"s. I was once playing golf on a course that was boardering the highway partol station and saw them having fun with a newer stang in the lot. I latter found out it was on of my friends neighbors. the donut eaters love this stuff.

Ruffrider

Established Member
I've been lucky with encounters with the police so far. I got pulled over for 95 in a 65 and he let me go with just a warning, I'm 18 by the way. Than I got pulled over doing 85 in a 45 and they gave me a ticket for my Saleen Liscense Plate Frame covering NJ. I only get warnings ;).

randy

Established Member
getting a ticket in California for "exceeding 100" is not really a break... if he had written you up for 99, THAT would be a break. I know judges HATE guys who exceed 100 AND there are provisions in the law that enable severe penalties to be assessed...

randy

Established Member
Speed in Excess of 100 MPH: Infraction Veh. Code §22348(b)
Sanction:
Criminal:
Imprisonment (Term): None
Mandatory Minimum Term of Imprisonment:
Fine ($ Range): 1st or subsequent offense-Not more than $50010 Veh. Code §§22348(b) & 42000.1 See III Other below.
Mandatory Minimum Fine: None
Administrative Licensing Actions:
Type of Licensing Action (Susp/Rev): Suspension Veh. Code §§22348(b), 13200.5 and 13355(a) & (b)
Length of Term of License Withdrawal Action: 1st offense-Not more than 30 days Veh. Code §§22348(b)(1) & 13200.5 2nd offense (within 3 years)-6 months Veh. Code §§22348(b)(2) & 13355(a) 3rd or subsequent offense (within 5 years)-1 year Veh. Code §§22348(b)(3) & 13355(b)
Mandatory Term of License
Withdrawal Action:
None Note: For a 1st offense, suspension is discretionary. For 2nd and subsequent offenses, suspension is mandatory. However, restricted driving privileges are available to allow an offender either to travel to and from work or to perform employment related duties. Veh. Code §§22348(b)(1), 13200.5 and 13355(a) & (b)
Other: I. The court may order an offender to attend a traffic violator school. Veh. Code §42005
II. Traffic Violation Points.11 An offender is assessed 2 points on their driving record. Veh. Code §12810(d)(1)
III. If the imposition of a fine for an infraction would impose a hardship on an offender or their family, the court may sentence such person perform community service in lieu of the "total fine" (i.e., the base fine, all assessments, penalties and additional monies). Penal Code §1209.5
not as bad as i thought

Users who are viewing this thread