115 miles perhour,,got caught

Scobra03

Established Member
well check this out,,me and my wife decided we would take the cobra out for a test drive..we were going around 115.when i saw the lights,,,after he pulled me over he looked in the car and saw that my wife was wearing her pajamas..and said so your taking a test drive huh..i said yup,,then he asked for reg,,which i did not have its brand new,,,then he asked for proof of insurance,,which i left at home,,,hey it gets better,,,he started laughing and said it was ok..then he said mind if i ask you a question...i said as long as it does not reflect on my ticket...the officer asked how fast we were going..hahahaha i said around 115,,,so i said can i ask you some thing,,,he said sure i asked how fast were you going?..this is the great part, if there is any,,he said he was doing 105,and could not keep up...well he gave me a ticket for exceeding 100...it was posted 65..just an infraction...so does any body have an idea what this will cost me?? i like the idea of pleading guilty and asking for no points thanks for the tip..jeff:shrug:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
My 105 in a 55 was $1500, good luck......... no points for me course Illinois doenst go on points, BUT if you plead to not have it on your record and pay the full fine that would be the thing to do. You were lucky he didnt arrest you. Must have took pitty on you cause your wife was in her PJ's

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
i had a similar situation as you but i never got a ticket, rather I got a warning. when the "natural resource" police pulled me over (on the way to ocean city..aka lots of farm land) he said that he didn;t know how fast I was going that all he knows is that he was doing abotu 100 to try to ctach up with me and eventualy saw him and pulled over.

good luck...be prepared for a hefty fine and be glad you dont; live in virginia otherwie you woudl be in jail be now...or in maryland where that excessive speed is an automic wreckless driving ticket and a 6 month suspension on your drivers licenses not to mention 5 hefty points.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by hillie16
Oh man Rage, your car is HURTIN! How did that happen?

hey...i was driving down the highway going around a turn at about 85 mph, hit a water patch in the road car spun out, i started getting control back of it but the jeresey wall (cement wall) got me first, caught the end of my car and pulled the rest of it in.

It's been about 5 weeks, i'll get my car back this friday (end of the 6th week). it will come back a better car...check the sig out for details.

here are some updated pictures from last week:
updated pics

I'll get newer ones up tommorow when I go back to the body shop, their just about done, they just need to paint the hood and out the engine back in with the longtubes.

Last edited:

94svt5.0

Established Member
I got a 94 in a 65 zone. Mandatory court if 26 or more over. Talked to the county prosecutor and he let me go to traffic school with no points on license. Ended up paying around $80 for court cost and and traffic school.

TurboEclipseGSX

Non Ricer
Established Member
once in a friends supra we were racing in Dallas against vette and got pulled over doing about 130 but didnt get a ticket b/c the cop pulled us over than took off after the vette, boy are we lucky :p

peace

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
yup rage is right
be happy it wasn't in VA or u'd be lock-down for a lil while til someone bails u out. but, ud prolly be lookin forward to a hefty fine. i got a ticket in VA last Nov for 95 in a 55 zone (if i'm not mistaken)

i had to go to court and they made me pay $400 in fines and court costs, but i also had another ticket along with that, for like having my music too loud or something to that effect. then a few days later out cruisin in my stang and i got nabbed again for goin 57 in a 35 zone, but the cop let me go seeing as how it was after that whole Sep 11th tragedy and he was prior military and i was still in my fatigues gettin off of watch. he just lectured me on driving safe.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I NC, anything over 15 mph over the speed limt, you loose you lisence to 3 months. and have to go to driving school.

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
I do not give tickets unless I have the speed measured and locked on my radar system, or if I can pace the violator for a little bit.

I believe if a Traffic officer cannot give you an exact speed either from pacing or radar, I do not think he should give a ticket. Because you have to justify in court how you as the officer figured the violators speed. If the officer felt the speed which he witnessed was not prudent for the conditions then he has a a reason for the stop, but evidence is the key to winning a case. And the radar or paced using your ford certified speedometer is the evidence an officer needs to prove the violation.

For an officer to say I had to exceed 100 mph to catch up with you can be argued. I run traffic all the time in my county. If I pass a violator doing 85, or a violator passes me stationary, I have to at least hit 100 mph to catch up with him. So by saying because I had to hit 100 to catch the violator DOES NOT MEAN the violator was exceeding 100mph.

Last edited:

SVT_Wannabe

Eww, well... good luck :shrug:

I can honestly say that having a nice car such as yours is a huge factor in a police officers mind... having been pulled over in a Volvo 240, I know that if I had had a mustang I wouldn't have been so lucky in my first and only police encounter. The nice (and young) cop let me off with only a verbal warning when he paced me at over 80 on a 4 lane road... the speed limit was 40 where he pulled me over, but I had unknowingly passed through a 25 (though I wasn't going more that 50 at that time)... being young, stupid (and believed invincible), the cop pulled me out of the car and explained to me what he could have done: Reckless Endangerment (Loss of Licence until 18), 80 in a 40, 50 in a 25, changing lanes in an intersection and operation after midnight on a juniors licence. :nono: Afterwards I look back as this being the most influencial thing in my short licence career to date, because in his leniency he showed me that I'm not invincible... and its a lesson I've cherished since. And now, if someone would only teach me how to stick to the point and NOT ramble...

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Actually the more of a jalopy your car is the more you have a chance of getting pulled over. We rarely pull drugs and stuff outta the nice cars.

SVT_Wannabe

really?? I'm an idiot...:bash: I guess I'm going to have to find a new reason for me not getting a ticket...

In my limited experience as a driver, it has usually been the kids with nicer cars that get pulled over... but that may just be a coincidence since its usually the kids with the nicect cars (at least in my town) that have the biggest disregard for the law, i.e. speeding and such.

Guess watching too much Cops has given me a skewed sense as to what really goes on.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The key phrase was "Kids" not the nice car part.

There is no cookie cutter approach to pulling cars over other than violations or profiling(which is illegal in most state, but I dont see why. Profiles are based in fact and experience.)

Anyway Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread