115 miles perhour,,got caught

blue02svt

Established Member
will i be able to get it back? and it s the only thing on my record.
every other time the tickets were fixed. and i have a lawyer. is there any way of getting around it. he said he paced me but how did he go that fast and i dont think a 91 cbr 600 with high miles can do that speed w/a 200 lb guy on it when the bike was stock

cobra191

Established Member
Your ticket could be anywhere from $400 - $1000+. Its my understanding that you can be arrested and have your car impounded for going 30 mph over the limit in CA. (if the cop chooses to do so). that's regardless of you going over 100mph or not. So maybe your "lucky" an infraction is all you got. A few years back I got a ticket for going 92 in a 65 (doesn't sound that bad any more) and it cost me $292. And that was in a POS pontiac fiero. I guess it wasn't that fast because I went out and got cobra!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Blue02, I couldnt answer those questions. They are specific to Missouri motor vehicle law. But it does sound like just on points alone your license is going. But, lawyers are tricky creatures if you have the right one with the right connections. I have seen worse get talked down.

Good Luck

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Originally posted by PrinzII
I got roasted for doing 93 in a 55 by a state trooper and he told me that 40 over is technically felony speeding in IL. But I am starting to realize that this is dependent on the trooper.
The way I understand it, more than 40 over is a Class A Misdemeanor (sp, I'm spellcheckerless right now...) in Illinois. Far more serious than a regular speeding ticket, but no felony.

--T.J.

TurboEclipseGSX

Non Ricer
Established Member
my laywers awesome, got me outta 2 tickets :rolling: they werent bad but still saved me money, only payed 20 bucks for both :-D

btw
1st ticket was using a pay phone while car was running :shrug:
2nd ticket running a red light, looked yellow to me :dw:

TurboEclipseGSX

Non Ricer
Established Member
gay ticket isnt it, the cop kept saying how my car could of been stolen and i was like, dude im leaning on my car you think their just gonna jump in and thats it, he was a dick though :rollseyes i still got it dismissed though so its all good :beer:

Stang"X"

Established Member
speeding/passing on right...

I was pulled over back in 9/99. My second week back in town(RI).Had my sister in law in car. I was behind this guy/girl who kept slowing down and swerving to the right of the lane and then back again for an annoying distance( approx 1/2 to 1 mile on 2 lane road( I assumed drinking/drunk). I figured best bet was to get around them next time they moved way over in lane and get away from them. Well just as he/she swerves over again, I go for it ! Needless to say , just ahead backed off in a driveway in the trees is a Warwick PO. I saw his lights come on and looked for a decent spot to pull over out of any traffic. Anyway , when the Ofcr comes to my window...Lisc., reg, insur( still have FL, tags and lisc and insur then), " So , what, are U trying to impress ur girl in ur little hotrod?". " No, sir ! Just trying to get away from that drunk back there". Needless to say was futile to explain my reasoning. But I couldn't understand his attitude at all. He kept up about me driving a Hotrod/fastcar . Almost seemed as though he was jealous of it. Wouldn't listen to either me or my Sis-inlaw about the guy swerving all over the road. I even asked him to at least call ahead for another cruiser to keep a look out for the guy. ( He wouldn't hear of it)
Anyway, was nothing but attitude! I learned years ago....nice , respectful, nice, respectful!! Even if U get a ticket , usually will reciprocate your respect with a less serious ticket. Well, NOT this time, he gave me a ticket for 63 in a 35( Geez, I didn't think my car could go that fast, that quickly.LOL) and passing on the right on a double yellow line.
I can't argue the speed bcuz I wasn't watching speedo, I was watching the guy I passed. Making sure I wasn't close to him.Ok, now is where it gets funny, I did pass him but on the left , the passing side . (even though double yellow means "No passing"). The ofcr said on the ticket that I passed on the right! Which was basically impossible since they guy I passed was way to the right. Well, after keeping us there for awhile,giving me a hard time about my car( which is a stock 98 GT{not very fast}) then handing me this crazy ticket , he never showed to court. I was able to talk to the town prosecutor and have the ticket shelved on the "good driver" statute. Which says if no other violations exist on record(within 3 years) and no new violations in next 3 years , the violations are dismissed. They prosecutor and the judge must have seen the honesty in my eyes bcuz I technically wasn't qualified for the leniency bcuz my violation was more than 19 mph over and was more than 1 violation on ticket. Thank U GOD !!
So does anyone have a clue what was up with this ofcr? Wouldn't it have been prudent to at least check with another ofcr about the other driver?
Also, is there such a law (in your respective jurisdictions) about being parked off the road with some form of your cruisers lights on? I have been told that in my area ,police are suppose to have some form of light on , whether it be headlights or taillights , or some sort. Not sure of its validity.
So, all ended well, I am now on a new clean record again! No, No violations since! * Knocks rapidly on Wood !!!*
DAMN, DID I ramble on !!! Someone shut me up next time !!lol

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
The lights on thing for a patrol car parked and shooting radar or whatever is an Urban Legend. Not true.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
yes you did ramble but that is ok
and yea i live in warwick and never had a prob with them (to much) never got an a$$hole one anyway, cranston on the other hand like to pull me just for kicks
by the by what road was this on warwick???

Stang"X"

Established Member
Where in Warwick....

Well, I don't normally have many problems in Warwick either, most that I have met have been decent also. Just this guy that night seemed to be having a bad night or something. I am sure it didn't help that all my paperwork was from out of state.
Anyway, it was on 117 , heading towards 95 , coming from say, Rt.2 . Near the YMCA.

krman68

Established Member
Scobra, after reading all these posts, I think you're pretty lucky getting a ticket for only 65. Its cool to know that the cop was OK

Drive Fast Be Safe.

Last edited:

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
Originally posted by TJSwoboda
Huh? I'll remember not to sleep with my shoes on, or break any other stupid, archaic laws if I'm ever in Texas... :)

--T.J.

You better watch Oklahoma too. My friend left her broken ass Monte Carlo running in front of a 7 11 about midnight to run in grab some smokes and get back in. When she came out to get in a cop gave her a ticket. All in all she went to court about it and the judge just laughed about it and told her to leave.

azguy2000

Established Member
Hey all,I'm a newbie here and just wanted to state that 20mph over the limit in AZ is a felony and you can be arrested for 20 over...

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
i got busted coming into Pennsylvania on I-80 at the deleware water gap, by a state trooper. Doing 60 in a 50!!! I can honestly say that I was doing exactly 60 when he pulled me over.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
No, one is driving without care or precaution! The other is driving in a reckless manner without regard to others. One is more intentional than the other.

Users who are viewing this thread