11" Upgrade Clutch for 96-98

01 Grey.T GT

Established Member
Well i ordered it last weekend, the 11" upgrade Kit for our cobras. Includes the 99 Cobra production Flywheel, Pressure Plate/Clutch, and a Throwout bearing of course. Should be here tommorrow, gonna install it maybe this weekend, well see. Anyways just wondering if anybody else had this kit and how was it?

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
zx3focus said:
Can you tell that the d/s is lighter??? Like powerwise? Honestly.

I can tell the car's RPMs wind up faster....if that makes sense. No seat of the pants feeling, but there's definately a difference when you drive it.

As far as the 11" clutch assembly, I've had one for about 4-5 years and it's still going strong. Bought the whole 99+ Cobra one from Ford for like $350. :thumbsup:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
97CasperCobra said:
I can tell the car's RPMs wind up faster....if that makes sense. No seat of the pants feeling, but there's definately a difference when you drive it.

The RPMs wind up faster but yet you can't feel it being any faster? Hmmm...

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
i wanted to go with that set up last spring but they kept telling me back order-back order-back order.so i went with king cobra clutch & a sfi prw fly wheel.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Curious as to why you would not just stick with the 10.5 inch setup. When I got a new clutch for my '03 the hot setup was to go from the 11 to the 10.5 for less rotating mass. I used a Spec III rated for 695 rwhp and an exedy chromoly flywheel. This setup has worked great for me.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I wanted to get a aluminum flywheel and I just found one thats local for really cheap, but its from a 03 Cobra so I figured I would just get the 11" clutch setup.
Mark

blackcobrapilot

Established Member
I upgraded to an 11 inch lightened flywheel, spec clutch and pressure plate and I needed to buy different bolts for the pressure plate. The bolts off the 10.5 would not work with the 11. I used some hardware store hardened bolts (and easy driving) untill I got to the dealer to buy the proper ones.

Users who are viewing this thread