11 second Ford GT...STOCK!

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Originally posted by COBRA32
Chevy will need more than 500 at the crank; when a Gt Ford makes 560 at the rear wheels on a dyno at Roush test facilities; that’s stock also. The Gt is not a drag car, but a road car where its handling is its strong suit and, it just with all that power it goes fast in a straight line also. The Gt actual horsepower is over 600 and the Vette will need to be a lot lighter than just a 250 pound to run with a GT making that kind of power.

Well maybe my math is wrong- and I don't have a 1/4 mile calulator- but regular math will due- that 560rwhp Gt would make approx~660crank hp. (15%) Now a Gt weighs what 3400lbs? power to weight for the Gt is 5.15lbs for 1hp.
a z06 would need only 550 crank hp and 2800lbs. for a Gt beating 5.09lbs to 1 hp. So yes you're right more than 500, but not much more.:beer:

Paul Vincent

Established Member
If the Enzo weighs a bit over 3000 lbs, just how is Chevy going to get the Vette coming in at 2800 lb. especially with a larger and more powerful engine? A Mazda RX7 with an LT1 weighs 2800 or so lbs. There is no way the C6 will be such a compact vehicle.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Originally posted by Paul Vincent
If the Enzo weighs a bit over 3000 lbs, just how is Chevy going to get the Vette coming in at 2800 lb. especially with a larger and more powerful engine? A Mazda RX7 with an LT1 weighs 2800 or so lbs. There is no way the C6 will be such a compact vehicle.

I think they've already shown with the current z06 what lengths they are willing to go to lighten the car, shaving glass, titanium exhausts, hardtop.. etc. I don't think the regular c6 vettes will be this light but the z06's I could see.

Paul Vincent

Established Member
The McLaren F1 weighs less than 2600 lbs., but it cost close to a $1,000,000 almost a decade ago, and, it isn't a practical car. The Enzo is $600,000+ and is slightly over 3,000 lbs. Short of GM having a strictly race version of the C6, I just don't see how they could increase performance yet reduce weight. The cost effective solution is increase hp to deal with increased weight -- not to increase costs/ to decrease weight/ to accomodate an underpowered engine. Just my $.02.

Wild Bill

Established Member
I just hope the exotic car rentals in Las Vegas gets one.You will see one driven very hard,and a video against a modded 03!

Users who are viewing this thread