11 second Ford GT...STOCK!

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Boys and Girls, turn to page 6 of the new "SVT Enthusiast" magazine.
"I wont tell you the exact numbers at this point,because we're still shaking these cars down and I expect them to do even better. But I will tell you that the Ford GT will easily dip into the high 11's and blast through the quarter at well over 120MPH."

This is sad, but good at the same time. A GT faster then my Cobra? Time to mod? Or do I wait for the new Cobra. If the GT is going to do 11's, is the Cobra going to dip into the tens??????

PDubs

Established Member
Surely you mean....

gt19.jpg

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
If its low 11's id say the FORD GT would be worth it. If its HIGH 11's forget that..... :nonono: Rather beat the shit out of my car to get into the 11's & that would still be cheaper.

But damn the car does look nice :D

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
? Why buy a car like that to drag race ?

I suspect that most GTs will languish in dealer showrooms or weathy garages...the few that do see track time will see places like Laguna Seca or Road Atlanta.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'll order one when I make my second million.............I missed my first!
Any of you guys interested in working out a time share deal?
Maybe if 6 of us could pool our reasources we could afford one.
All kidding aside, what a sweet car. I saw it when it made it's debute at the Detroit auto show. Awsume!!!!

SC457A

Established Member
id bet i never even see the two that are suppose to go through my dealership i work at.

rumor time... some dealer auctioned the production #1 for some crazy price... 300k!!!!!! jay leno is the buyer from what i have heard

heard only 300 to be built.. is that true? damn i hope i get to do some warranty work on one

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'll order one when I make my second million.............I missed my first!
Any of you guys interested in working out a time share deal?
Maybe if 6 of us could pool our reasources we could afford one.
All kidding aside, what a sweet car. I saw it when it made it's debute at the Detroit auto show. Awsume!!!!

wicked03snake

Established Member
i wouldnt be surprised if the mustang gt concept went at least low 12 or high 11s. think of what our cobras could do if they weighed about 3000 lbs. good drivers on good tracks can run high 12s now in a 3800 lb car. every 100lbs is worth 1/10 in the 1/4. i know the real gt wont have the motor the concept has, but still think about the cobras

venom279

Established Member
Originally posted by ALA G8R
That thing already has a twin-screw. No KB needed.

And, it has a 5.4, under the twin screw!!:eek:

I also read that this will be a production car and they are gonna make about 1500 a year, but at 100K how many will they sell??

:beer:

venom279

Established Member
Originally posted by wicked03snake
i wouldnt be surprised if the mustang gt concept went at least low 12 or high 11s. think of what our cobras could do if they weighed about 3000 lbs. good drivers on good tracks can run high 12s now in a 3800 lb car. every 100lbs is worth 1/10 in the 1/4. i know the real gt wont have the motor the concept has, but still think about the cobras

It should, stock 00R's can run 12.4-12.5, so the GT40(Ford GT) should go 11's if not lower, but like the 00R I don't think draggin' is what it's made for!!

:beer:

wicked03snake

Established Member
sorry. i meant the mustang gt. the concept mustang has the 03 engine with a more efficient blower and supposedly much less weight, so it should see low 12s or possibly 11s with good traction. assuming everything is perfect, it only takes 370rwhp in a 3000lb car to run 11.70@116

SVT4ME

Established Member
The GT better be faster. Even the money you pay for it it will eat up the other super sport cars

Users who are viewing this thread