11-14 Exhaust manifolds the same as 15's?

RSKtakR

Established Member
Does anyone know if the motor side of these are the same? I'm curious because I don't care to spend $400 for a cat delete kit AND cut up/not have my stock exhaust option anymore if I were to ever need it. I figure buying a set of stock 11-14 manifolds, cat deletes and paying a shop to run pipe back to my MBRP system would be $400 or less and I would still have my stock exhaust. Opinions? Am I just being stupid? lol There has GOT to be a better option then cutting up the factory exhaust or blowing $1k for just the front half of the exhaust system.

RSKtakR

Established Member
ok.. so is there ANY reason that Ford made the new crappy design in the 2015's? Is there something around the motor that would make the 11-14 manifolds not "fit"?

RSKtakR

Established Member
Well I bought a set of brand new stock 11-14 manifold from a crate engine for $40.. I am keeping an eye out for a used set of cat eliminators now or maybe a o/r h or x pipe that is pretty cheap. Plan is to pull off the stock 15 manifolds/cats and then put the 11-14 manifolds, cat eliminators or x or h pipe on. If I find the cat deletes I will just take the car to an exhaust shop and have them fill the small gap between my MBRP race catback and the cat deletes, or if an o/r x or h pipe, just cut it to fit. If anyone else wants to attempt this, I have a lead on another set of stock 11-14 manifolds and the owner just wants the buyer to pay a reasonable price and shipping.

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Established Member

link is no good.. think I figured it out though,

Pypes cat deletes? That's what I will use (or cat deletes of whatever brand as long as they are cheap) to mount to the discharge ends of the 11-14 manifolds, but there will need to be additional piping that will need to fill the gap from the discharge end of the cat deletes to the inlets of my MBRP cat back kit.

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Established Member
do the mid pipes come up to the same location to the manifolds?

I don't know yet, but I plan on finding out soon. I would think its safe to assume NOT, and I will just be cutting up an x-pipe to fill the gap, or take the car to an exhaust shop and have them do it.. either way this shit is LOTS cheaper then LT's/mid-pipe or the $400 AND cutting/welding the stock 2015 cats and manifolds.

RSKtakR

Established Member
not from me.. I have the 11-14 manifolds, went and had a shop quote me a price to remove the drivers side manifold, install the 11-14 manifold and fab up the delete pipes for both sides from the manifolds all the way to my cat back. He wanted $500 and I honestly just don't feel like blowing that kind of $$ to have cat deletes.

PIKE5.0

Established Member
I ordered the MAK cat delete 4 weeks ago.. Highly annoying as they just shipped late last week. Should be here Wednesday. I'll have it them installed, tuned this weekend. Dyno shorty after.

Users who are viewing this thread