10th Anniversary w/275's hitting front sway bar when turning wheel

rktsci25

Established Member
My tires are rubbing the stock front sway bar before I can turn the wheel all the way over.

Suspension setup:
17x9 10th anniversary replicas with 275 tires
Maximum k-member w/ non-offset control arms
Tokico front coil overs
Steeda C-C plates
Manual steering rack

If memory serves I also had this problem before the rack was converted. Has anybody else had this problem/any idea on the solution?

03' White Snake

Established Member
Don't turn the wheel all the way. Stock cobras have spacers on the rack to limit the travel of the rack.....

No parts seem to be stock so its all how they are designed and I would bet all being different brands they were not engineered to work together. Might be something your gonna have to live with.

rktsci25

Established Member
Yeah. I thought that might be it. But all of the stuff except the CC and the wheels are from Maximum, and the guys at maximum said it shouldn't be a problem, I thought it might be the offset of the wheels but it couldn't make enough of a difference to fix the problem.

gabe1530

Banned
the mm k member still pushes the wheels forward even with their non offset control arms. that might be contributing to your problem.

rktsci25

Established Member
Yeah. I figured it was something along those lines. I was hoping there might be someone on here who had something similar and did the sway bar relocation and if it fixed it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread