10th Anniversary vert at Mecum

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I was at Mecum Houston this weekend and this nice 14k mile 10th anniversary vert sold for $30,800. I think that’s a low price; I thought it would bring no less than 35k. It may be more of the economy than the market, but it shows a fluctuation in the market, in my option at least.

90A61F48-ABF8-47C2-B617-0DD053FB7CA6.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Buyer did well. And only 14.5K miles. Wish it had been a MC or CO or SB to see how much more it would have pulled.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
@TK1299
Hard to fight off the urge to not bid on a car?

I don't think I'd do well. They'd kick my fat ass out for bidding and not paying - lol.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
@TK1299
Hard to fight off the urge to not bid on a car?

I don't think I'd do well. They'd kick my fat ass out for bidding and not paying - lol.
I went Thursday to bid on a Vette, but it didn’t cross the block until late and I didn’t stay. Thursday is poor boy day. It wasn’t hard to not bid any of the other days because I wasn’t wanting a divorce on those days

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
15% on memorabilia, signs etc.

There are lots of rumors that to get the consignment, and in the case of Mecum, you can catch it on TV, where the sellers commission is tweaked / eliminated. But the buyers 10% is firm, and will be collected.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I dont understand how people keep using mecum to sell their vehicles. Those fees gotta really eat away massively at your bottom line...

The shows ive watched in the past, those assholes are really pushy on bidders in person too and get quite aggressive. Same with people who have reserves on their cars.... I dont know how buyers/sellers take that, id have no problem telling those dickheads off. They treat people like cattle and only care about your money.

$30,800 sale price on that cobra, after all is said and done after fees, taxes, your time and money being there to sell, you might be left with $24-25k for a car you could have sold on ebay doing absolutely nothing for $35-36k. And you keep it all.

Last edited:

motoo344

Established Member
Feel like that is a good buy, I paid a bit less for my DSG Vert with more miles. There have been some low mileage coupes that have sold for way more than that on BaT. I know at least when it comes to my 996 911 the coupe vs vert makes a huge difference in pricing.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I think someone mentioned earlier in a post, but I think the auction pressures sellers sometimes to lift the reserve on a car. I personally would have found a different venue rather than let it go for a few thousand less than it should have gone for.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Why do the live auctions still exist in light of BaT, Pcar, Cars and Bids or ebay (ebay to me is no longer much of an auction site, vs straight listings) etc? Simple, they are still bringing results as a whole.

Also for a seller, this is a much easier path to potentially sell. If you have a car listed on any of the on line auction sites, you will get questions, possible buyer might want more pix of this or that, potentially have to show the car in person multiple times, and in the case of BaT have to deal with the "peanut gallery" where you may not know if the endless questions are from a worthy buyer, or a dreamer.

One of the auction houses, you could send 20 cars, and off they go, done (with negotiated / reduced sellers fees).

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like this one needs to come down in price if they sold one with lower mileage for a couple grand more.
F6DAAA41-357F-4284-A6EE-BC25E04EBC9F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread