10th Anniversary price

SVT Kev

Established Member
I drove a torch red 10th anniversary convertible last weekend. It had about 250 miles on it. The sales lady gave me a song and dance that her boss really wanted to get rid of it, and she was guessing that he would take about $8,000 off of the $41k sticker. I wasn't really looking for a vert, but figured that if the price was right, I might trade in my 99 coupe. She said that she would have the manager run the numbers on the vert and give me a call later that day. She didn't call back, so I called her. She sounded kind of embarassed and said that the numbers weren't as good as she thought they would be. She basically quoted me $36k for a "brand-new" 2003 with a ton of test drive miles on it. I politely told her I wasn't interested at that price.
What would be a realistic price for this car?

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
Not sure on the current going rate, but when I bought my 03 during Labor Day weekend last fall (when they first started running the rebate), the dealer in Ann Arbor had a 10th anny vert on the floor with the price of $33,800 after rebates. Should be less than that now.

Last edited:

Dragnut

Established Member
10 anniv.conv

:D I just bought a torch red anniv ragtop Sat with 46 miles on it for about $33k - you can juggle the numbers either way with a trade in. But I think this car is fantastic. It makes my 98 Cobra seem like a rattle trap.
I suggest you drive the car and see what you think. I drove a 03 cobra coupe and convertible both earlier and did not like either of them because of the clutch being so hard to push. The anniv model clutch is only about half as hard to push but I don't know why. My wife could not push in the clutch on the coupe but she can drive the ragtop fine(I don't know if that is good or bad)
Any way the price was worth it to me and I love the car which is what matters as far as I am concerned. There willo always be a better deal out there so get the deal you are happy with.:beer:

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
With 250 miles on it you can get it a lot lower. I bought mine with 85 miles on it and paid $31.9k out the door. Keep haggling!

outlw

Established Member
my friend paid $31,350 otd in Michigan for his vert 2003 with only 65 miles on it.. Hope this helps

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
These aren't verts, but a local dealer has 2 leftover '03 10th coupes (black & silver). They have $31,150 written on the windshield of each one right now.

-Greg

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I just drove to dallas and back from austin and one of the ford dealers along the way (I think waco) has a brand new 03 cobra vert for $30 (less then 100 miles on it).

Users who are viewing this thread