1000+ awhp Skyline

prdtr15

Established Member
I think skylines are over rated in some ways, but are very good cars. They can handle around 500 hp on a stock motor, but i personally do like the AWD set up on the AWD versions, i like the RWD versions better. They arent super cars, but they are a lot like mustangs in having a lot of potential for not a lot of money ( over there at least)

MonkeysL

Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
Huge turbos deprive the engine of air down low. It's a common problem in turboed cars. Once it gets moving though.........watch out. In some cases that is done for a reason. It keeps traction off the line until boost builds. Lag can be a good thing.

i would have to disagree totally, low torque b/c of the engine size. lag on turbo's now days is almost non existing

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
Codes said:
I find it hard to swallow that people think the Skyline is overrated when they have probably never driven one and really probably never seen on in person. Now, if the people that are saying its overrated have driven it, then alright...but I don't see how you can draw a conclusion on a car that isnt even sold in the states.

you can get them here thru an importer..forgot the name.....

I have seen several in person..one a few months ago. Sounded
& looked real nice & clean. I would love to have one...just not
5 yrs from now & trying to find parts from another country.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
thematrixhazune said:
Whats up with the low torque :rolleyes:

Whats up with your low intelligence? :shrug:
You can up the wheel tq, just like a mustang with your "four eeelevun geahs"... Raise the findal drive ratio, and you're all set. it's all about the engine HP.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
MonkeysL said:
i would have to disagree totally, low torque b/c of the engine size. lag on turbo's now days is almost non existing

Yes, engine size is a contributor to the torque problem for sure. Turbo lag non-existing??? Are you serious??? Any large turbo is going to have lag. Very few cars have the anti-lag system (absolutely kills turbos) due to budget restrictions and even then they're highly restricted JGTC and WRC with mild-at-best sized turbos. The Subaru rally car with the Prodrive anti-lag system gets a new turbo every rally race because it experiences such shock.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
geepaw said:
you can get them here thru an importer..forgot the name.....

I have seen several in person..one a few months ago. Sounded
& looked real nice & clean. I would love to have one...just not
5 yrs from now & trying to find parts from another country.

The companies name is MotoRex.

http://www.motorex.net/

Here's the link.

Lockdown

Established Member
prdtr15 said:
I think skylines are over rated in some ways, but are very good cars. They can handle around 500 hp on a stock motor, but i personally do like the AWD set up on the AWD versions, i like the RWD versions better. They arent super cars, but they are a lot like mustangs in having a lot of potential for not a lot of money ( over there at least)

I would have to disagree with you about overrated. Skylines have a bundle of great new technology wrapped in them. From the AWD system that does enguage/disenguage and seperate power depending on the conditions, 320 hp from a 2.6L engine with the same capability as the supra motor (Can put down 1000hp stock bottomed)

I think this car would be the ultimate road machine. Take it in the snow, rain, good weather or bad.
I would love to see a 500hp - 500 ft/lb mustang run in conditions that aren't the greatest i.e. rain, snow, slick conditions.

But I do agree with you with the AWD systems and potential. Thou I wouldn't rate a Skyline anywhere near a Mustang.

Also I just recently went over to London and you'd be surprised at how little the Skyline is actually seen. 4$ a gallon of gas = bring out the 1 seater beaters that get 80 mpg.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Lockdown said:
I would have to disagree with you about overrated. Skylines have a bundle of great new technology wrapped in them. From the AWD system that does enguage/disenguage and seperate power depending on the conditions, 320 hp from a 2.6L engine with the same capability as the supra motor (Can put down 1000hp stock bottomed)

I think this car would be the ultimate road machine. Take it in the snow, rain, good weather or bad.
I would love to see a 500hp - 500 ft/lb mustang run in conditions that aren't the greatest i.e. rain, snow, slick conditions.

But I do agree with you with the AWD systems and potential. Thou I wouldn't rate a Skyline anywhere near a Mustang.

Also I just recently went over to London and you'd be surprised at how little the Skyline is actually seen. 4$ a gallon of gas = bring out the 1 seater beaters that get 80 mpg.

There gas is waaaaaay higher octane than ours. I think the lowest in Europe is around 96-98. We were paying almost $3 for 91 octane. I'd rock the hell out of a Skyline there.

MonkeysL

Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
Yes, engine size is a contributor to the torque problem for sure. Turbo lag non-existing??? Are you serious??? Any large turbo is going to have lag. Very few cars have the anti-lag system (absolutely kills turbos) due to budget restrictions and even then they're highly restricted JGTC and WRC with mild-at-best sized turbos. The Subaru rally car with the Prodrive anti-lag system gets a new turbo every rally race because it experiences such shock.

read what i said. ALMOST non existing anymore. the new technology of turbos has VERY VERY little lag. what do i know about turbo's though i've only been building/working/selling/upgrading them for 7years now. the shock u are talking about in a rally car is TOTALLY different from drag/street racing its b/c the turbo is constantly taking the abuse from the car slowing down, down shifting, getting on it, down shifting, slowing down....i think u get the point. bottom line is the turbo has nothing to do with the low torque of the vehicle. these motors DO NOT makes large amounts.

thematrixhazune

Follow the white rabbit
Established Member
ilumo said:
Whats up with your low intelligence? :shrug:
You can up the wheel tq, just like a mustang with your "four eeelevun geahs"... Raise the findal drive ratio, and you're all set. it's all about the engine HP.

:Yawns:

Last edited:

prdtr15

Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
There gas is waaaaaay higher octane than ours. I think the lowest in Europe is around 96-98. We were paying almost $3 for 91 octane. I'd rock the hell out of a Skyline there.

Thats actually incorrect, they have a different rating system as us, same gas

prdtr15

Established Member
Lockdown said:

Im pretty sure they are not seeing 1000hp on a stock bottom end, i could be wrong, but i think they can handle around 500

The skyline is a good car, maybe even a great car.

i agree with you about the high hp in bad weather, but if i had a lot of money into a car, i wouldnt have it out either way, lol.

But once again, i dont like the AWD system that they use.

Users who are viewing this thread