100 shot+cams on 99 Cobra

TimmyTurner

Established Member
Hey, I have a 99 Cobra with an E85 tune and 98 Cobra cams. I plan on throwing a 100 shot on it, and was wondering if throwing bigger cams on it would be too much or just not very efficient, and what amount of power I could get from it. Thanks!

01yellercobra

Established Member
Unless you're pulling the engine I wouldn't bother. Even if you were I'd be hard pressed to spend the money on cams. The bang for the buck really isn't there. Is the engine stock other than the cams?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

TimmyTurner

Established Member
Unless you're pulling the engine I wouldn't bother. Even if you were I'd be hard pressed to spend the money on cams. The bang for the buck really isn't there. Is the engine stock other than the cams?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Tuned for E85, little bit of beadwork, stronger crank.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
It sounds like you may be new to these cars. My advice would be to step back and do a lot of homework before changing cams or sticking the hose on it.

Btw, the switch from 99 cobra cams to 98 cobra cams was all but pointless. They share nearly identical specs. There's lots of information around here about these cars. Wear that search feature out before modding anymore. GL!

Users who are viewing this thread