100 octane to E85 results on my 2012 5.0 Roush TVS car..

10secvette

Established Member
Only thing changed was the fuel and tune.

chris2012e85tqcomparo.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Love the corn..

GodStang

Established Member
That is awesome!! I just started my E85 build for the first time Tuesday. I hope to have similar results.

10secvette

Established Member
thanks guy, the car is defineately a ton of fun with this power... lol

it's my dd, 15k on the clock and counting. I'm just leaving the drag radials on it from now on.

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
What are you running for fuel system? Is that normal for the power to fall off up top on the 100 octane like that compared to the e85?

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
What kind of timing are you running with the corn?

10secvette

Established Member
What are you running for fuel system? Is that normal for the power to fall off up top on the 100 octane like that compared to the e85?

Thanks, its a hoot to drive on the street.

JPC triple pump setup. On regular fuel, once we went over 10-11psi, the power started to fall off like the 100 octane graph. I was pleasantly surprised to see it come back and carry on the E85. Around 22 degrees.

Bud

Established Member
Thanks for the reply, I'm running the same setup with the deatschwerks dw300's, I won't be making quite that much power so was thinking about trying it with just two of the pumps and see how it goes.

Congrats on the power, I'm sure it is a hoot to drive on the street. What drag radials are you running on the street and are they worth a damn with that power?

10secvette

Established Member
Thanks for the reply, I'm running the same setup with the deatschwerks dw300's, I won't be making quite that much power so was thinking about trying it with just two of the pumps and see how it goes.

Congrats on the power, I'm sure it is a hoot to drive on the street. What drag radials are you running on the street and are they worth a damn with that power?

I have the DW's also. Just cruising on 1 pump. The other 2 come in under boost. All three were heating up the fuel big time. Hoosier DR's, Believe it or not, they hook like nobody's business. Very impressed with them.

Bud

Established Member
How did you wire the two under boost, just a hobbs switch or something? Do you get any lean spots when matting the throttle before the add'l two pumps kick in?

I have a set of the hoosiers for the track, didn't plan on trying them on the street but might have to once or twice just for fun.

10secvette

Established Member
How did you wire the two under boost, just a hobbs switch or something? Do you get any lean spots when matting the throttle before the add'l two pumps kick in?

I have a set of the hoosiers for the track, didn't plan on trying them on the street but might have to once or twice just for fun.

Yes, they come on at 3lbs. of boost. It's instantaneous.

Users who are viewing this thread