10' SS Camaro

Ohshyyt29582

hold on mildred!
Established Member
Sooo... I hate it when I get on and read about hypothetical races and here I sit and type about a race that's goin down tommorrow. I'm pretty sure I've got it in the bag, but just wanna throw it out there!

His car- 2010 SS Camaro, Vortech V3, aftercooled, magnaflow cat back, stock headers, stock suspension, nitto invo tires. Has "vortech can tune" and claims 600whp (lol)

My car- 03' GT, teksid block, forged insides, 283ci, 3.73's, crower beast blower cams, fox lake heads, kooks full lenghts, aftercooled vortech at 14psi, put down 554whp on mustang dyno and ZERO traction issues

The race- dig to 125

Racin for 500$

Call it

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
A Camaro with a blower and supporting equipment is what, 4000lbs? From a dig against a geared, way lighter car with sticky tires...

My guess is you'll be out 3-4 cars at the very least.

Ohshyyt29582

hold on mildred!
Established Member
I think that's right, they're heavy, he has traction issues, he's goin down...

His mouth is HuuuuuumMungus, can't wait to slam it shut. He works next to me and leaves notes on my car about twice a week, this is goin to be so so sweeet.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Yea I'm a camaro guy and I say you'll win. Vortech car on can tune I'm guessing is high 400s low 500s. With good tune I could see 530-540rwhp. Either way, he'll gain on you but it wont be enough.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^ Says 3.73s in the original post.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
You are gonna smoke his ass. He's not making 600 I can guarantee that. I know a guy with a Vortech, mild heads, cam, longtubes, etc making about 650. With stock manifolds, stock heads, stock cam, and a canned tune he's nowhere near 600.

The only question is, what are you going to do with your $500? lol

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
Sooo... I hate it when I get on and read about hypothetical races and here I sit and type about a race that's goin down tommorrow. I'm pretty sure I've got it in the bag, but just wanna throw it out there!

His car- 2010 SS Camaro, Vortech V3, aftercooled, magnaflow cat back, stock headers, stock suspension, nitto invo tires. Has "vortech can tune" and claims 600whp (lol)

My car- 03' GT, teksid block, forged insides, 283ci, 3.73's, crower beast blower cams, fox lake heads, kooks full lenghts, aftercooled vortech at 14psi, put down 554whp on mustang dyno and ZERO traction issues

The race- dig to 125

Racin for 500$

Call it

man you are sooo much lighter. he weighs ~600lbs more. you have at least as much power. if you hook you win. simple as that.

exdeath

Established Member
GT is going to leave the SS like the SS is starting in 4th gear.

600 lbs lighter, gearing, tire, and his 50 RWHP lead is only theoretical and probably non existant if it's never been on a dyno.

Post a video of the run, and keep the video rolling when he has to face you and hand over $500.

Last edited:

Ohshyyt29582

hold on mildred!
Established Member
Im anxious to get it over with.... Hoping everything goes as planned...

I think it will be interesting to see what it will do anyway, car sounds great, needs driver mod; where he works id across the street from where I work and that car KNOWS where the rev limiter is, will go to top of second and bounce for whole second or longer before shifting, I think i have it in bag.

I am confident that i have driver advantage, my car is my only mode of transportation and i know it well.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
x2 on having someone reliable HOLD that money. don't need excuses after you win, and get shafted out of that $500.

Ohshyyt29582

hold on mildred!
Established Member
The exhaust on this thing is huuuge, I just noriced it on my lunchbreak, i wondered why it's so damn loud... maybe cause you could stick your leg up the exhaust pipes, lol

Users who are viewing this thread