10 Second Benz?

skyhighsd

Established Member
You guys from MHP are respected members on this site, why even waste your time with some troll? :beer:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I've seen E55's go 10's. I didn't think this is anything new.

No way will an E55 go 10s with the same level of mods as it takes a CL65..CL65s have gone low 11s/10s@130mph+ with just an intake, upgraded intercooler pump, ECU upgrade and drag radials.

Last edited:

primetime

Established Member
Andy, Man don't waste your time with this newb.... probably a Renntech employee! LOL

Ordered a 2010 S4 recently, doing any tunes on them? Not a lot out yet..... Won't get the car until late May early June...... I'll shoot you a pm as it gets closer and see what's going on...... later Ron

Fourcam330

Established Member
Andy, Man don't waste your time with this newb.... probably a Renntech employee! LOL

Ordered a 2010 S4 recently, doing any tunes on them? Not a lot out yet..... Won't get the car until late May early June...... I'll shoot you a pm as it gets closer and see what's going on...... later Ron

Ron, long time no talk bud, how are things?

Sweet rides (2010 S4) did you get the TQ vectoring diff? Drove one with/without and LOVE what it does especially coming out of turns--almost feels rwd.

Long story short no one has cracked the latest gen 104 byte RSA encrypted Siemens ECU in that car. Yes, there are CAN BUS piggybacks available, but that's not real tuning.

Even if the encryption keys get leaked out (aka BMW N54 style) there's an immediate CPU lockout that hasn't been addressed. My guys in Europe have been working on it for 6 mos and have basically gotten nowhere with it so far. We won't give up though.

Take care!

divided

Established Member

Sweet rides (2010 S4) did you get the TQ vectoring diff? Drove one with/without and LOVE what it does especially coming out of turns--almost feels rwd.

Long story short no one has cracked the latest gen 104 byte RSA encrypted Siemens ECU in that car. Yes, there are CAN BUS piggybacks available, but that's not real tuning.

Even if the encryption keys get leaked out (aka BMW N54 style) there's an immediate CPU lockout that hasn't been addressed. My guys in Europe have been working on it for 6 mos and have basically gotten nowhere with it so far. We won't give up though.

Take care!

Wow. I didn't realize it took that level of engineering to tune a car on that level. That's insane.

Common

Established Member
Wow. I didn't realize it took that level of engineering to tune a car on that level. That's insane.

Companies are doing their best to please the consumer these days while retaining warranty, reliability and keep the consumer content with what he bought.

Did you notice how everything is getting better, wheels are getting bigger, exhausts flow better and sound better, brakes are getting bigger, suspension options ?...

It is because the companies want to capitalize as much as possible on things people spend money on to fix or upgrade.

Fourcam330

Established Member

You are correct, so much R&D goes on behind the scenes before a product is released it's incredible. Our MB/AMG files have over 15,000KM on the Ring alone. The PM race files are a product of the top 5 PME's work for the past 3 years--with access to factory hardware/software.

Even the ported 63 AMG heads took 12 mos of testing before we released them. Very time consuming and expensive to perform real R&D on these kinds of cars, but it quite simply has to be done to ensure product quality.

Companies are doing their best to please the consumer these days while retaining warranty, reliability and keep the consumer content with what he bought.

Did you notice how everything is getting better, wheels are getting bigger, exhausts flow better and sound better, brakes are getting bigger, suspension options ?...

It is because the companies want to capitalize as much as possible on things people spend money on to fix or upgrade.

Very true. Ford's Mustang exhaust manifolds are a great example of this, very good from the factory, almost not worth replacing. OEMs are realizing more and more that higher quality parts not only produce more HP/TQ but are also more efficient at both part and WOT--meaning better fuel economy. :beer:

primetime

Established Member

Take care!

Andy, Things are good. Thanks. I ordered the S4 with the below:
2010 Premium+
7-speed s-tronic
quartz gray
sports differential
carbon inlays
bang and olufsen system

The sports dif. really shines on this car and makes understeer nearly go away.... as you mention the car handles well.... I got to take the owner of the dealerships car for the day when the wife got her new A4 and was really impressed. After looking at some other toys I opted for this(had a sweet deal lined up on a used GTR that fell through and the wife wasn't very keen on the car anyway).... looking forward to getting it....

Basically, have heard the same about the ECU so hopefully something good will be out soon. I know MTM has a piggyback but haven't been impressed from what I have heard. With the car making 11psi stock I know there is a lot on the table with tuning, as I hear the blower is capable of 21psi w/o pulley change all while still operating somewhat efficently. Have read this and talked to some of the engineers at Eaton since the wife works there. Any insight on that as I am accustomed to needing a pulley change for more boost as that is how my vortech car is and my brothers KB car. I guess this blower makes the boost but just blows it off based on the tune. Will know more once I get it..... Seriously, keep me posted on any kind of tune as I am down to modify once I get it. Take care bud! Ron

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
Andy, Things are good. Thanks. I ordered the S4 with the below:
2010 Premium+
7-speed s-tronic
quartz gray
sports differential
carbon inlays
bang and olufsen system

The sports dif. really shines on this car and makes understeer nearly go away.... as you mention the car handles well.... I got to take the owner of the dealerships car for the day when the wife got her new A4 and was really impressed. After looking at some other toys I opted for this(had a sweet deal lined up on a used GTR that fell through and the wife wasn't very keen on the car anyway).... looking forward to getting it....

Basically, have heard the same about the ECU so hopefully something good will be out soon. I know MTM has a piggyback but haven't been impressed from what I have heard. With the car making 11psi stock I know there is a lot on the table with tuning, as I hear the blower is capable of 21psi w/o pulley change all while still operating somewhat efficently. Have read this and talked to some of the engineers at Eaton since the wife works there. Any insight on that as I am accustomed to needing a pulley change for more boost as that is how my vortech car is and my brothers KB car. I guess this blower makes the boost but just blows it off based on the tune. Will know more once I get it..... Seriously, keep me posted on any kind of tune as I am down to modify once I get it. Take care bud! Ron

My god that sounds like my dream car right there! :bowdown:
Man you have to post pics as soon as you get it, that is probably my new favorite DD. 13.1 at 108mph stock from Motortrend is impressive.
I believe some tuners in Germany have already gotten 435hp from just a tune, intake, exhaust?

Users who are viewing this thread