10 sec STOCK Viper

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
The guy who did this, is the exact same guy and on the exact same track who got a 10.9x in a stock C6Z.

The '08 Viper bests the C6Z from every performance standpoint. The ZR1, however, is slightly faster in the quartermile when compared side to side, and will beat the base Viper coupe in the twisties.

They actually did a comparison in a magazine with several cars, and the ZR1 barely beat the SRT-10 Coupe in the quarter mile, was 1.2 seconds ahead at 140mph, but was .7 seconds behind 0 - 150. Everyone says it's because the ZR1 had to shift to 5th gear, but I find it hard to believe losing almost 2 seconds because of that. The SRT-10 ended up hitting 0 - 150 in 16.4 seconds.

I think Dodge and Chevy have one hell of a match up here. :rockon:

Lankhoss

Established Member
I think Dodge and Chevy have one hell of a match up here. :rockon:

They do, and I love it. The changes they did to the '08 Viper are all the "right" ones. The wheels and hood make it look much better than the older model. The suspension and braking was already there....hell, even the power was. Then they added 120hp. What a beast! I'd take one over a new Z06, it's worth the money in my opinion.

CobraKid04

Established Member
Thats a fast car for sure! It's really a toss up for me between the Viper and the C6 zo6. I like the way the viper looks but, I hate the sound of its V-10 and it looks bare inside.

MATT SS

Last time I checked this IS an SVT site. Yes you can post anything here as this thread is about a Dodge and most of us respect almost anything fast, but you can't expect someone to not flame a Chevy on this site :bash:

Your 100% correct. However I was making an observation, that FF always goes out of his way to bash vettes and its ironic because he owned one and must be very bitter. Gues he got burned:shrug:

03DOHC

Established Member
Your 100% correct. However I was making an observation, that FF always goes out of his way to bash vettes and its ironic because he owned one and must be very bitter. Gues he got burned:shrug:

So are you going to make it a habit to point it out? I hope not.

MATT SS

So are you going to make it a habit to point it out? I hope not.

I just happened to be browsing this post and saw what I saw. Just thought I would point it out because he does it all the time. THATS ALL RELAX:nonono:

I understand you are admin and no I am not making it a habbit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread