10 Sec STi!!!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I'm a huge fan of this forum, hope you guys dont mine me whoring it up over here :-D. After a long painful road, I was finally able to get my scooby into the 10's. these litte cars are not meant for teh dragstrip, however I love to going down the 1320.

here's a vid from yesterday http://youtube.com/watch?v=X8PO1owgrFA

timeslip
11-11carpics021.jpg
[/IMG]

pic of my car
11-11carpics009.jpg
[/IMG]

dyno vid
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dZsWCAxcXA0

the car has a built motor (pistons/rods/heads/cams) and a GT35R. I was only runing 26psi on the 10.87 pass. We made some quick changes to my map, went out for another pass and was screaming down the track towards a low/mid 10 sec pass but broke an input shaft going into 4th gear. I'm used to breaking things by now, I'll get her fixed and head back out asap.

hope you guys enjoy!

orangeconv

#uck yea doggy
Established Member
your car looks great! no trashy rice crap what exhaust u running my buddys looking for something for his wrx and doesnt want anything that sounds like crap.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
^ actually, it was making low 500's. I had made 559whp the day before, but on the the first pass my car didnt like the higher boost (30psi). we backed it down to only 24psi with a spike at 26, still hit a fuel cut up top. I trapped 101+ in the 8th, and only 127 up top. I have trapped 128 before with only 460whp. we quickly made some adjustments, was on my way to a low/mid 10 but broke my input shaft. ended up running 12.0 at 74mph.

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
can u give me a little more info on the car?

sure. it is still a 2.5, with darton sleeves, cp pistons (9:1), pauter rods, oem bearings, p&p heads, supertech valvetrain, kelford 280 cams, 1000cc injectors, hydra em, dc sports headers, aps 3.5 catback. ppg straight cut dogbox, dss axles, triple disc clutch. ultimate racing gt35r with .82 hotside. I'm going to upgrade to the 1.06 next.

I'm sure i missed something, haha!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
your car looks great! no trashy rice crap what exhaust u running my buddys looking for something for his wrx and doesnt want anything that sounds like crap.

I'm running an ultimate racing downpipe which comes with the turbo kit, dc sport headers unwrapped/coated, and an aps 3.5 mid pipe and catback.

I would recomend your friend stick with the oem manifold, maybe have it p&p/coated, and an invidia catback. my headers and 3.5 exhaust are extrmely loud, nice, but loud.

Dr.Jay

Out of my mind. Back in 5
Established Member
Am I missing something here? A not so friend of mine made on a 05 Sti with a GT35R with STOCK internals, no heads, no cams, no weight reduction, 10.6 @ 129 allboost... let me see I can find the info on it... I think it has 499awhp but I have to recheck that...

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Am I missing something here? A not so friend of mine made on a 05 Sti with a GT35R with STOCK internals, no heads, no cams, no weight reduction, 10.8 @ 129 ... let me see I can find the info on it... I think it has 499awhp but I have to recheck that...

i didnt think everyone would be so analytical. Actually, my car was having some boost problems. I have made as much as 592 on stock internals, but this is a brand new setup that we are still fine tuning. I was only able to make 550whp or so the day before (559 was the highest). on that same tune (550) my car didnt like the boost on my first pass, so we detuned it. the very next pass I ran 10.87 at 127. your friend ran the same et's but more mph, which means I'm a better driver with less power :-D.

once we get some things worked out, this car should easily see low 10's. this was my first trip to the dragstrip on a new setup, just need a little more practice and tuning to get her 100%.

jgheels2003

Established Member
Am I missing something here? A not so friend of mine made on a 05 Sti with a GT35R with STOCK internals, no heads, no cams, no weight reduction, 10.8 @ 129 ... let me see I can find the info on it... I think it has 499awhp but I have to recheck that...

You are missing the info in his original post about the boost level. That other guys car was probably holding about 30psi which is what would make that difference.

burnin4's car was only peaking 26psi and tapering to 24psi. 35Rs are no where near their efficiency range and he STILL ran a 10.8. Its a low ten second car once boost is figured out.

Dr.Jay

Out of my mind. Back in 5
Established Member
You are missing the info in his original post about the boost level. That other guys car was probably holding about 30psi which is what would make that difference.

burnin4's car was only peaking 26psi and tapering to 24psi. 35Rs are no where near their efficiency range and he STILL ran a 10.8. Its a low ten second car once boost is figured out.

Gotcha :rolling:

Good thing I didn't run him when he said he was "stock" :-D

You have a great machine on your hands man, I prefer Subbies over Evo's, and you have the Subbie just as I would like! Keep on the good work! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread