10 Sec N/A Bolt-On/ Tune MT82 Coyote At Ford Fever Classic.

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
At this point youre are digging and trying to be difficult just to be an dick which says a lot about you. Most common knowledge car guys don't consider the $1000+ FAST setup a nor mal bolt on as it normally on LS stuff doesn't prove its worth unless you have upgraded heads or Vavaletrain. I'm sure at this point you will correct my gramm(e)r and/or call out my car knowledge.

Lmao sure thing buddy. So because it cost $1,000 and may not bring the most power gains with out other mods, it's not a bolt on... But yea I'm the one digging.

And I couldn't care less how you type on a forum, it's not English class... I don't need to correct your grammar to see you're an idiot.

Enjoy the thread, I gotta go return my corsa catback now, it cost $1,100 and didn't make power. I thought it was a bolt on.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Lmao sure thing buddy. So because it cost $1,000 and may not bring the most power gains with out other mods, it's not a bolt on... But yea I'm the one digging.

And I couldn't care less how you type on a forum, it's not English class... I don't need to correct your grammar to see you're an idiot.

Enjoy the thread, I gotta go return my corsa catback now, it cost $1,100 and didn't make power. I thought it was a bolt on.

See like i said you can't even be clever enough or skilled enough with words to debate with me as an adult and you have to call me names. You are swill man. Your life is swill. Your honorable moment will be the day youre 6ft under.

The intake that comes on a Z06 is the normal upgrade for most LS guys. People have made 800+ rwhp on factory Z06/LS6 intakes.

With your mind set everything is bolt on....which it literally is. However most knowledgable car guys can see through the commenality of a FAST not being a normal bolt on for a stock long block. Again we see your point...we were more hoping your weren't that short sighted and could simply just say "ok" and Move on with life. This is something most would deem fairly normal and adult/mature in nature.

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
Don't need to be clever or debate you on anything. An intake is a bolt on, just like the boss intake is for the coyote, it's actually really simple to understand... Do you need it to make power? No, but it's still a bolt on... the other guy (don't care enough to remember the username) is the one who said everything is a bolt on. I simply said a car with exhaust and a cold air is NOT full bolt on.

You keep saying "Normal bolt on"... so you admit it's a bolt on but not normal? That's fine and we agree.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Don't need to be clever or debate you on anything. An intake is a bolt on, just like the boss intake is for the coyote, it's actually really simple to understand... Do you need it to make power? No, but it's still a bolt on... the other guy (don't care enough to remember the username) is the one who said everything is a bolt on. I simply said a car with exhaust and a cold air is NOT full bolt on.

You keep saying "Normal bolt on"... so you admit it's a bolt on but not normal? That's fine and we agree.

Like I said i get the sentiment about the bolt on part. But where do we draw the line? Expecting someone with a bolt on 5.0 to not only bypass the Boss But also the CJ and go right for a MMR sheet metal intake that's $2000+? There have been test showing a $1000+ FAst 92-102 onky picking up 1-2rwhp on LS1s over the LS6. Yet that same Fast on a heads and cam car can be 20+ at the tire.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Badass car, love the shifting. One thing that's bothering me, what's the name of the song being played? I know its older and on the tip of my tongue but it sounds like a remix, thanks!

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
Like I said i get the sentiment about the bolt on part. But where do we draw the line? Expecting someone with a bolt on 5.0 to not only bypass the Boss But also the CJ and go right for a MMR sheet metal intake that's $2000+? There have been test showing a $1000+ FAst 92-102 onky picking up 1-2rwhp on LS1s over the LS6. Yet that same Fast on a heads and cam car can be 20+ at the tire.

Price doesn't indicate if it's a bolt on, the boss manifold is 300 bucks, the mmr is 2 grand, is it not the same part? But forget the intake manifold... A throttle body, is that really not a bolt on because it doesn't make great power? A throttle body has been considered a bolt on for years and years(03 cobra, gt500, old 2v's and 3v's), an intake you can maybe debate but a throttle body is no debate... The whole point of my first post, exhaust and cold air intake is NOT full bolt on's. Idk why it turned into this, just cluttering up the thread. If you are going to say a throttle body isn't a bolt on because of the power or needing other mods, then there is no point even responding. That's just ridiculous.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Price doesn't indicate if it's a bolt on, the boss manifold is 300 bucks, the mmr is 2 grand, is it not the same part? But forget the intake manifold... A throttle body, is that really not a bolt on because it doesn't make great power? A throttle body has been considered a bolt on for years and years(03 cobra, gt500, old 2v's and 3v's), an intake you can maybe debate but a throttle body is no debate... The whole point of my first post, exhaust and cold air intake is NOT full bolt on's. Idk why it turned into this, just cluttering up the thread. If you are going to say a throttle body isn't a bolt on because of the power or needing other mods, then there is no point even responding. That's just ridiculous.

One thing we can agree on is the thread being cluttered by this dialogue, so this will be my last post on the matter. No one is saying those aren't bolt-ons, the point 4U 2 NV and I were making is an LS6 manifold is an upgrade path and still a sought after IM for many GEN III LS guys that don't have one. A car that already has one (C5Z|LS6 duh/and later 01, 02 LS1s) can considered a full bolt-on if they already have headers/full exhaust, CAI ,tune and most will have ported stock TB to boot as well, this is widely accepted in the LS community. FWIW I had a stock 78mm TB that KATECH ported prior to going FAST.

Is a BOSS mustang with longtubes, full exhaust, CAI, Tune, not considered a full bolt-on car if it still has the BOSS manifold and not a CJ? Honestly I am not a fan of the term full bolt-on, its too subjective.

scott_0

Established Member
nice driving man! that thing moves out! congrats on the 10 second slip, Rev Auto FTW!!!!!!!

corysmach1

Established Member
What's your REV limiter set at? 7900? There should be a neutral and drive limiter. I know these car cars set the cams back killing power at 8k. When I powershift there is a hesitation in to the next gear....feels like a turbo car. I'm gonna set the limiters at 7900 and see if it fixes it. My shift light is set at 7700. My REV limiter is set at 8k I don't know if I am touching it in between shifts or what.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread