10 sec maxima....... no seriously

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
That was too much work he could have just bought a RB26 or SR20DETT engine and went 10's with minor mods

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
That was too much work he could have just bought a RB26 or SR20DETT engine and went 10's with minor mods

Sr20dett? LOL, Was it 2 weeks before racewars? :poke:

Rb26?? are you on drugs.... why would he spend $10k-$20k building and fabricating something that has never been done as opposed to swapping a junkyard 3.5 in the factory engine bay, boltons and spray for a couple g's?

Last edited:

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
It was 200 total for for alimited RPM range. Next time it will be 200 without the controller.

Its my daily driver, has all seats and interior etc but weight has certainly been removed, it weighs around 3000 stock.

Hasn't been dynoed for 3 years but at that time it was 260 and maybe another 20 or more now not too sure. I prefer to do my tuning on the road.

I just posted like it happened. Timeslips, videos and a lot of witnesses back it up. I wouldn't ask anyone to just believe a timeslip.

Didn't want to jack that guys thread on maxima.org. But if anyone here, there, on the web, or people that were there that day think a N/A Auto 4 door family sedan can go from high 12's to high 10's and gain 17.4+mph in the 1/4 mile, with just a 75shot can PM me for some really good deals on prime real estate located in the Florida everglades.

2760 lb car with around 270-280whp SHOULD run a high 12 w/ ~107mph trap. That makes sense. Power to weight + physics are your friend! 10:1 lb/whp

Now a ~345-355whp 2760lb car is straight up NOT capable of 10's @ 124.4mph. 7.9:1 lb/whp doesn't equal mid 120's. C6z's with GOOD drivers are mid 120 cars, they are 6.8-7.0:1 lb/whp... Thats night and day difference.

Now ~460whp in a 2760 lb car = 6:1-7:1 (progressive n20) lb/whp. mid 120's makes sense especially in an auto car with very few runs under your belt.

/Rant off.... some shit just irks me...

BTW Its still impressive REGARDLESS.. a world record, is a world record, let alone in a daily.. HOWEVER... some things don't add up... physics doesn't lie.

Last edited:

xlcrew

Established Member
:??:

How does one actually become a Maxima fan?

the same way a person becomes a fan of a mustang. look at the whole picture see what the car does stock and what it can do with mods. the reason people are on this is because a lot of them are fans of the cobras and other mustangs or just plain fast vehicles. my maxima has been a great car, cheap insurance, quick(not fast), handles good, good on gas, and cheap insurance. i'm sure that other people on here are fans of other odd ball cars.

as for the other guy that asked why not drop in a sr20 or an RB motor, is because it would totally custom and why do it when he ran 10's with a 3.5 and some bottle?

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I love how Nissan calls the Maxima a "4 door sports car." They stole that shit right from the SHO.

Considering the Maxima is almos a decade older than the Taurus, a dozen years older than the SHO, and the "4DSC" moniker came out in their 3rd generation, which came out the exact same time the first SHOs came around, I doubt it.

:??:

How does one actually become a Maxima fan?

The same way people become SHO or SVT Contour fans, I guess. Considering the Maxima models in-line with each of these other cars were either just as fast, or faster, I can see why a young, first-time buyer would get enamored.

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Considering the Maxima is almos a decade older than the Taurus, a dozen years older than the SHO, and the "4DSC" moniker came out in their 3rd generation, which came out the exact same time the first SHOs came around, I doubt it.

True, but considering how slow they were compared to the SHO, I just find it funny that they still call themselves a 4DSC. MY car is a 4 door sports car. RWD>FWD.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member

G-STANG

Established Member
Maybe I shoud go do that on my old mans for shits and giggles. I have seen the car at the track and it surprised me. There is also another Maxima I have seen at the same track that was a 4th gen run 12's. I don't think their interiors look anything like my fathers.

synapsis

Established Member
I would go home crying if I lost on the street to a Maxima.

"Down With the Sickness"? Seriously? If Disturbed ever wanted royalties from all the car videos, RIAA lawyers would all have new houses in the hills.

xlcrew

Established Member
Maybe I shoud go do that on my old mans for shits and giggles. I have seen the car at the track and it surprised me. There is also another Maxima I have seen at the same track that was a 4th gen run 12's. I don't think their interiors look anything like my fathers.

I think the other 4rth gen max you're talking about is dandymax. he had a NA 3L that he had running 12.60's. was a very nice motor that he had in that car. he's now doing a boosted 3.5 set up.

SHOspazz92

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread