10 sec maxima....... no seriously

xlcrew

Established Member
well as my sig shows i own a maxima, and i am a big maxima fan. for what they are, they run good and are pretty reliable. well a guy on maxima.org has been running some great times on motor, and over the weekend he decided to spray the car with a 200 shot. 75 shot that came on at the launch and then a 125 shot that was progressivly ramped up from 30% at 4500 rpms and hitting a 100% at 5500rpms.

this the post where i got info from so you can actually see what the man said bout the passes
http://forums.maxima.org/1-4-1-8-mile-racing/573350-10-851-125-55-plus-1-58-60-a.html

here are the other mods to the car.

1. Stock 3.5 bottom end, Ebay cams and Hotshot headers.
2. Stock 4th Gen auto with high stall converter.
3. Electronics are UTEC, V-Manage and Suprastick.
4. Race weight was 2762, verified at track scale.

here's the vid

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVs-38MDQrU"]YouTube - Nissan Maxima vs Turbo Civic[/ame]

and here's another video backing it up with going faster

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsYM5GJAgYU"]YouTube - Nissan Maxima 10.85 @ 125mph Worlds Fastest.[/ame]

Last edited:

xlcrew

Established Member
not sure, he's run nitrous for a while and hasn't had any problems. he only sprays the car a couple times a year, he mainly just bracket races it on motor. hey it held together for two 10 sec passes so that's long enough in my book

Eddie Z

Established Member
Are you sure its stock?? Older vq's like to throw rods past 400hp.

Yep.

If it's indeed stock bottom end, it's definately a freak. Working at Infiniti, I see them blow up all the time naturally aspirated!

Sny714

Established Member
What does he run when hes not spraying? Also XLcrew have you taken your max to the track? Ive always liked Maximas because they looked good and were quick. I just hate that they're FWD.

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
What does he run when hes not spraying? Also XLcrew have you taken your max to the track? Ive always liked Maximas because they looked good and were quick. I just hate that they're FWD.

1st run N/A using my M&H 25" streets netted a 12.85 @ 107

quote from the nissan thread

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
I love how Nissan calls the Maxima a "4 door sports car." They stole that shit right from the SHO. Every asshole around here with a Maxima that has exhaust, short throw and an intake think they're driving GT500's.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
second vid said VQ35 swap...so he swapped in a newer v6?

xlcrew

Established Member
second vid said VQ35 swap...so he swapped in a newer v6?

yes the car originally came with a 3L and he swaped in a 3.5L with cams, headers, and other bolt on stuff.
the internals are stock. i have seen a lot of the vq motors run very well on nitrous. my car ran great on nitrous and i have a friend that has an altima se-r with the 3.5 that has run ok. hes trapping 113 in the 1/4.

as far as my car, i ran it at the track twice with the spray, both times the car was untuned on motor and pig rich on the bottle. best time was a 13.96 at 102. the 60' was a 2.4. street tires suck on a FWD. i have gotten the car tuned since, but i sold the nitrous because i got tired of it. i have installed bout 4 other kits since mine and helping those guys is enough to worry about so i figured i didn't want to keep it on my car.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Don't get me wrong.. a non turbo 10 sec maxima is a badass car.. but getting 27XX lbs from 32XX+ lbs is racecar territory, or ride quality + sound worse than a 1982 4 eye rusted fox.

Nothing wrong with a little nitrous though... There has got to be some pioneers to test the limit of shit.. and its pretty awesome that a stock VQ3.5 can handle 200 for more than 1 pass :beer:

:EDIT:
Ist run N/A using my M&H 25" streets netted a 12.85 @ 107, hmm not bad but not great either. Next run was a 75 shot out of the hole with the same tires which resulted in massive tirespin all the way through 1st and most of the way through 2nd. Time 12.984 @ 120. Time for a tire change.

Installed the M/T 22x8x15's because I destroyed my 23" M&H's last weekend. I really didn't have a good feeling about 22 M/T's but what the heck. Next run was a 10.987 @ 124.4 MPH with a 1.58 60'. This was with a single stage 75 shot. The M/T's dead hooked and snapped my neck like "what the heck was that"

Hold up a sec... 107mph-124.4mph with a 75 shot? Horseshit...... LS1 to LS7 in 75hp!

Not to mention a 17.4mph gain on 75 shot.. then only a 1mph gain from 75-125 shot. Homeboy better check his pills again.

Last edited:

brentman2007

Established Member
There are only A couple true 4 door sports cars. Maxima's are more luxery than sport IMO. When you have huge brakes and crack 330 rwhp then you become a "sports car" jmo :shrug:

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Well I asked the dude about it in the thread... He seems pretty cool, apparently 125.5mph was on a 200 shot and 124.4mph for a 75.. the progressive controller didn't have enough time to work properly because it would wrap out the gear to fast and shift.. Thats a badass setup for sure though!

Users who are viewing this thread