10 sec maxima....... no seriously

planblars

Established Member
how does he go from mid-high 12's to 10's with a 100 shot? something doesn't seem right. My old room mate had a maxima with a turbo kit and it wasn't nearly as fast as that thing and he made well over 300whp.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
I used to have a 4th gen maxima. It was pretty quick. Almost faster than my terminator :) Their fit and finish are much much better than mustangs.

mclaren55

Established Member
Jim has been racing that maxima for YEARS. I use to race with him and his son. Great guy, good to see him finally go 10's. Been a long time coming.

NEWSVTGUY

Established Member
:??:

How does one actually become a Maxima fan?

By being a car guy and somehow ending up with a Maxima :shrug:

I's assume most of them are given a Maxima from their parents and forced to think it's cool and the other half found a good deal on one and thought.... "Well it's no Cobra, but what the hell"

Last edited:

shane12286

Established Member
I've had 2 maxima's, my first car a 96 5speed and now I have a 02' 6speed. had a 97 cobra and no my maxima's are not comparable to the cobra but love them for a DD they are fun to drive, very comfortable and get good gas mileage. Waiting to pay this one off and get another cobra and keep the maxima for a DD.

dan96max

Established Member
nice times for a max. I think the previous best times for a maxima was low 11's from a turbo 3.5 swapped 4th gen (95-99) or at least the fastest I remember ever seeing.

I just sold mine about a month ago Cardomain

It was fun, i supercharged the 3.0. It started as a daily driver but as with any thing once you start modding it just consumes you. Maximas a nice import power plant, much better then a stock civic and thats originally why I bought it. You can flame me all you want for this, but my n/a 3.0 with bolt ons beat plenty of fox style gt's (on average by about a bumper, very close races). LX 5.0's blew me away though lol

Either way im here now looking for a terminator. Every high powered import I've driven has just felt like glass, like I'm waiting for it to just explode. Every mustang I've driven just asks me to beat the crap out of it more with out the "Maybe i shouldnt have dumped the cluctch" remorse you get after beating on an import. Imports are for DD, Mustangs are for tire roasting weekend fun.

- Dan

Users who are viewing this thread