10 Sec 1/4 mile TVS 2300 with MT82 Setup Question?

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
Hey Everybody

My next goal is to hit 10 sec 1/4 mile, and I want to know what mods you have to get you there. I have only been able to hit 11.5 @ 122.6 in the 1/4 mile with a 1.79 60 foot time, and really want to hit a 10 sec in the 1/4 mile and looking for advice.

My mods are in my sig, and I used 275/60-15 Mickey Thompson Et Street Radials for my runs.

Clipboard

Established Member
What DA are you running in? keep practicing...it might help going to 3.31 gears. You should be able to hit 10's with your setup

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
You should be getting more mph with the 82mm... Was it really hot & muggy? We're you short shifting? You need to shift around 7300 or so... You'll need to get your 60' down & work on your shifts, but you have the equipment to go 10's in decent air.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
3.31 gears, longtubes, skinny's in the front, and a 1.5/1.6 60ft. I'd also datalog your tune, 122mph is really really low unless you were in horrendous DA & humidity.

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
I ran 11.5 constantly that night with mph between 122 and 126, DA was 810 feet, Temperature was 69, and Humidity was 93% that night. This was back in Feb at Bradenton motorsport park fl. I do plan on changing my gears once I get back in October, because I always have to shift to 5th gear near the end of the track.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
A few tips I noticed with my set up...
Wait 45 to 50 minutes between passes to cool the blower & intercooler, but make sure the engine is not cold when you head to the water box. If my gauge is on the cool side, my car slows down...

If you drive to the track, go thru tech and head straight for the staging lanes. If the line isn't long, the intercooler will be ice cold from the drive. My first pass is usually my best, but the only thing I do for cool down between passes (besides popping the hood) is turn the heater on while driving back to the pits. I also hall ass a little on the way to the ET shack without boost to get air flowing thru the intercooler.

My car always hooks better with the spare tire in & 1/2 to 3/4 tank of gas.

I always drive my car to the track, so I'm limited on what I can bring...

Also... Your mph should be at least 127mph if not closer to 130

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
How about more details of your set up & your track routine...

Shift points
Tire pressure
Launch rpm
lCA brocket location
How long between passes?
How much gas was in your tank?
Stock air box or CAI

Also... I try to start & move my car in the staging lanes as little as possible... Don't get nervous just because the car in front of you moved up 3 cars & stopped.

Last edited:

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
How about more details of your set up & your track routine...

Shift points
Tire pressure
Launch rpm
lCA brocket location
How long between passes?
How much gas was in your tank?
Stock air box or CAI

Also... I try to start & move my car in the staging lanes as little as possible... Don't get nervous just because the car in front of you moved up 3 cars & stopped.

Shift points: 7300 RPM
Tire pressure: 17 PSI
Launch rpm: 4000 RPM anything more and the car spins.
lCA brocket location: LCA Bracket set at the highest hole for stock Suspension.
How long between passes? about 45 min just enough to get the car cool down.
How much gas was in your tank? between 1/4 and 1/2
Stock air box or CAI: Stock air box

When I launch I have the clutch pressed in just enough so that that car does not move forward, and then I hold my rpm around 3900-4000rpm. When the light turns green I start to let off the clutch, and start giving it gas.

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I'm assuming your slipping the clutch then out of the hole?
Your mph is low, I'm guessing you need to quicken your shifts... I have no experience with the 275/60's but I run my 315/40/18's at 14 to 15 psi cold. You have more sidewall then me, I'd drop the pressure down.

A smaller pulley combined with a stock air box is great for more low end torque, but limits boost. That's great with an auto, but probably not so great with the stick. I'd run a CAI to take advantage of peak hp & a little more boost if I were you. Oh wait, I do! Lol!

My car was tuned on an 85, but I run an 82 & 79 with no problem. I data logged it & confirmed it with my tuner...

It can't hurt to try your relocation brackets in the middle hole to see if can get more bite.

pickles

Established Member
Gotta get that 60' down to at least 1.5.

I would suggest 3.31's & open airbox. I'm hoping to swap over to 3.31's & 82mm pulley for next year, Should net me high to mid 10's pretty easily. The one and only time I ran my car I was consisent 11.0's @ 125-126 in to a 20-25mph head wind, so on a nicer day I could have potentially hit high 10's with what I got.

Last edited:

twistedneck

Established Member
Your engine cant breath a simple set of long tubes will unlock about 75HP with your setup. Even more amazing will be the torque under the curve you unleash. Time for a header install!

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
Your engine cant breath a simple set of long tubes will unlock about 75HP with your setup. Even more amazing will be the torque under the curve you unleash. Time for a header install!

I getting ready to move to England I really don’t want to mess with my exhaust, because I don’t know how strict they are on exhaust systems. I am going to change out my gears and get a dyno tune instead of a mail order tune, and see how I will do in the 1/4.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Something isn't right. I trap 131-133 with the 82mm pulley on 93 octane. I agree with Scott, a CAI would def help up top, where you spend most of the 1/4 mile. Do you know if your car is pulling timing? How much advance are you running? A good datalog of a run would help.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I getting ready to move to England I really don’t want to mess with my exhaust, because I don’t know how strict they are on exhaust systems. I am going to change out my gears and get a dyno tune instead of a mail order tune, and see how I will do in the 1/4.

I do not think your problem is that you have a mail order tune, A email remote tune IMO has the potential to be better then an in person dyno tune, You can get real world load on the car and not some dyno.

I think your problem is the tuner in general. Maybe need to look into a different tuner.

BrianH87

Established Member
I do not think your problem is that you have a mail order tune, A email remote tune IMO has the potential to be better then an in person dyno tune, You can get real world load on the car and not some dyno.

I think your problem is the tuner in general. Maybe need to look into a different tuner.

So you are saying VMP isn't a good tuner for TVS cars?

Clipboard

Established Member
Not at all, I actually didn't even see his sig said he was tuned by VMP.

Just saying maybe his tune is crap. Due to the low trap speed with a 82mm pulley.

OP, have to data logged and sent them in for revisions? i hope you are not running on a start up tune

Users who are viewing this thread