10 most expensive cars ever produced

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
enjoy!! :beer:

I was surprised I thought some of them were more expensive than the article said.

I think the actual purchase price would be more if you tried to buy one. Hard to say for a lot of them since they were very very limited production. Like the enzo, ferrari found the buyers. I'm sure all the aston's were spoken for before they were even produced.

oldmodman

Established Member
Not a very accurate list. It is only using cars produced today so it has very little relevancy.

Go back several generations and check out the vehicles produced by Ettore Bugatti. The Royale was so expensive that only kings and heads of state could afford one. The last one to change hands sold for $20,000,000.00
And before you say that these older cars have all been marked up since they are so rare try going down to Carmax to buy any of the cars listed in the top ten. They are all now "collectibles"

Then go look at all the automobiles produced in France during the romance period. Try to get a discount on a Delage or a Delahaye. They may be from the 30's or even earlier but they are fabulously expensive.

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
I guess I'm just a Veyron fan boi because it was my favorite out of those. From the exterior to the interior, that car does not lack any detail.

Ugh, the veryon looks big and fat, like a giant catapillar. Most of the other cars look fast like a fighter plane.

x0lizzbeth0x

Nada.
Established Member
The color of the Aero is gorgeous, but it lacks having everything. The Saleen S7 isn't so bad?..I'd like to see someone drive it upside down though. The Aston Martin and Veyron have my heart.

Supernova

Established Member
McLaren F1

Bogus list. enzo's MSRP when they came out were more than that. And a Saleen S7 TT is more than a Saleen S7. :poke:

The MSRP on the Enzo was indeed 600K and change. As was said earlier, that doesn't mean they changed hands at that price, but the list seems to be going by MSRP--which is also why there are no older classic cars on the list.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Not a very accurate list. It is only using cars produced today so it has very little relevancy.

Go back several generations and check out the vehicles produced by Ettore Bugatti. The Royale was so expensive that only kings and heads of state could afford one. The last one to change hands sold for $20,000,000.00
And before you say that these older cars have all been marked up since they are so rare try going down to Carmax to buy any of the cars listed in the top ten. They are all now "collectibles"

Then go look at all the automobiles produced in France during the romance period. Try to get a discount on a Delage or a Delahaye. They may be from the 30's or even earlier but they are fabulously expensive.

They're going by price as sold by the manufacturer. Sure the Enzos sold for in the 1.2-1.4 mil range, but the list price in that article is correct. Ferrarri, shockingly, underpriced them. However, they could only originally be sold to people who had owned the F40 and F50 before, and this was strictly enforced, so the used ones could be sold for 2-3 times list price.

McLaren F1

Bingo. First million dollar car. Sticker was ~980,000, but after importing etc it was over a mil.

Users who are viewing this thread