10+ Minutes of racing between a Z06 and Cobra...

Ballistik8

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
That Z doesnt have A CAM, and good luck to the guy in the cobra, hes gonna need new pistons in about a day at the rate hes going. Those guys are dumb as hell, they were just beating the hell out of their cars. I dont care how much money and time you have to do that $hit, thats just unapreciative. Those cars probably lost more than 50whp after they were done with their cars.

MY DREAM

Established Member
I'll bet just to start that his #8 & #7 pistons our messed up, if he didnt incure any noticable damage that night he soon will. Unless of course he has pulled the motor and installed new pistons or done a cooling mod. Good vid, but I feel bad for the damage he has caused. Does anyone know what mods he has done to the Cobra?

James

Hot02ss

Established Member
MY DREAM said:
I'll bet just to start that his #8 & #7 pistons our messed up, if he didnt incure any noticable damage that night he soon will. Unless of course he has pulled the motor and installed new pistons or done a cooling mod. Good vid, but I feel bad for the damage he has caused. Does anyone know what mods he has done to the Cobra?

James
I think the Cobra has an H-Pipe and cat-back.

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
im going to go eat some dinner. maybe ill be up to 30% by the time im done washing dishes.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Yea, they dogged the living piss out of those cars. I will probably end up buying that Cobra or one like it here in the next month or two......that is just my luck. :bored:

Machinator

Banned
MY DREAM said:

James

Why would only the 7 and 8 pistons be in trouble? What is the cooling mod.

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
That was pretty dam even race... WHo cares if they beat the piss out of their cars, its not your car, sit back and enjoy the ride

Screamin'SVT

Banned
Machinator said:
Why would only the 7 and 8 pistons be in trouble? What is the cooling mod.

The #7 and #8 pistons get the hottest on our (and your) motors because that is the part that gets the least coolant flow. On the passenger side head, the coolant flows out the back and keeps circulating. On the drivers side, there is no outlet on the back of the head, so the flow is insufficient and the coolant just sits there. That is why 7 and 8 are usually the ones to go. The coolant mod involves removing a freeze plug in the back of the driver's side head and running a coolant line and teeing it in to the rest of the coolant system, so that coolant can adequately flow out of the head.

Screamin'SVT

Banned
Hot02ss said:
I think the Cobra has an H-Pipe and cat-back.

Cobra sounded pullied, and there's no way the Cobra would have kept up with a H/C Z06 without at least C/I/P/E

W00t 420 posts! Think I'll go celebrate :rolling: :rolling:

Last edited:

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
dude you gotta learn how to edit. theres 9 minutes and 30 seconds of driving around looking at the reflection from your cameraman's window and 30 seconds of racing.

Users who are viewing this thread