10% Lower + 2.5 Upper on a '13

chas8180

Established Member
I was happy with my IW 15% lower/stock upper and 93 pump with some Torco when racing. Even without Torco the Lund 93 tune was safe on datalogs.
The lower pulley gives you a better SFI balancer and better belt wrap.
I think you'll be happy with the 10%/2.5 .
Jam you seemed to enjoy the drag style like I do, so upgrading to a rear ice tank and HE with fans might be a good idea. Consistent low IATS allows higher boost on pump.
I actually just finished replacing my front bumper with a tubular design, allowing me to add fans to the stock HE and finishing the rear ice tank lines.
Cars ready to rock, going up in 2-3 weekends for some fine tuning and just enjoying the car until fall racing.
-J
Who does your tuning? I just got a 15% lower and am going to order injectors and want an e85 flex tune, my current tuner wont do it.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If you're in NW Ohio contact Lidio at Alternative Auto. Can't say enough good about Lidio but if you have to do remote, I had Lund.
PM me if you wantvmore info.
-J

Dinosgt

Established Member
Bimini...where did you get the fans to mount on your stock HE ?

Yes - inquiring minds want to know - I have been contemplating this very thing for while. I thought the spal fans were about 2 inches thick and wouldn't fit in there.

Did you move the Intercooler forward a bit to squeeze them in the there, or are they push type on the front?

Thx and Cheers....

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I will try and upload some pics tomorrow evening but essentially we removed the stock front bumper support, made a custom mild steel support, custom shroud for twin Spal fans (1" less than Shelby/Revan comp unit and only loses 50cfm) on the stock HE, and spaced it to work as Factory. We were routing custom hoses for rear ice tank anyway, but so far happy with results.
-J

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Geeze....I was thinking my boost psi was 16.5-17 but realized yesterday on a no-tune dyno pull my dash boost gauge was typically not accurate .
Boost was actually:
6000rpm = 15.2
6200rpm = 15.4
6300rpm = 15.5
6400rpm = 15.7
6500rpm = 15.8
6600rpm = 16.0
6800rpm = 16.3

Based on this 70 degree day dyno info I'm thinking 10% lower....keeping the 2.4 upper and pulling the stick sooner....at 62-6400 .
Okay boys........
Ready to be told it's a stupid idea !

ps: Lund Tune. I will be contacting Lund Monday morning for their guidance.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Geeze....I was thinking my boost psi was 16.5-17 but realized yesterday on a no-tune dyno pull my dash boost gauge was typically not accurate .
Boost was actually:
6000rpm = 15.2
6200rpm = 15.4
6300rpm = 15.5
6400rpm = 15.7
6500rpm = 15.8
6600rpm = 16.0
6800rpm = 16.3

Based on this 70 degree day dyno info I'm thinking 10% lower....keeping the 2.4 upper and pulling the stick sooner....at 62-6400 .
Okay boys........
Ready to be told it's a stupid idea !

ps: Lund Tune. I will be contacting Lund Monday morning for their guidance.
Here is a thought remove the 67 and get a CJ mono. Pick up 20whp and over a 1lb of boost. Run a 2.5/ ATI 10% combo if you plan on sticking with 93. The 67 is holding your car back. Shift @ ~6600.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
red3v....I agree on the SCJ mono except I had two already. After two 20-30 year Mustang race shops could not tune my brand new SCJ despite hours on the dyno (stuck in bore) I tried a Lund Tune for the Mono. Same thing ..runs great until 50% warm up then it's pedal fade and 2500rpms and cannot withstand a load or wrench light. I spoke with a big Mustang tuner in CT who told me recent SCJ's are not tuneable. Wow. I sent the SCJ to Accufab ...they bench checked & cleared the TB but Lund & FRPP said Accufab's bench is not operated by a Ford Oem based OBD. After much controversy between Accufab, Lund, FRPP, 3 tune shops I sold the SCJ for 30% of cost to a guy who said he could tune it. I should contact him again heh ?
FRPP finally offered to bench test the SCJ for me via email 3 months after I contacted them but it was gone. So I bought one from Summit...same damn date on box (Mar-May 2016) with same exact results on Lund tune. Not driveable. FRPP then waivered on their offer to bench test on their Mustang so I returned that 2nd SCJ to Summit.
At first I LOVED the SCJ. 17rwhp gain first pull.....but WOT is all the SCJ could give my 2013 ...anything less..wrench light. If I could find a used/new SCJ Mono made before 2015 I'd but it in a heartbeat !
Sorry....went on quite a roll there :)->) !

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
red3v....I agree on the SCJ mono except I had two already. After two 20-30 year Mustang race shops could not tune my brand new SCJ despite hours on the dyno (stuck in bore) I tried a Lund Tune for the Mono. Same thing ..runs great until 50% warm up then it's pedal fade and 2500rpms and cannot withstand a load or wrench light. I spoke with a big Mustang tuner in CT who told me recent SCJ's are not tuneable. Wow. I sent the SCJ to Accufab ...they bench checked & cleared the TB but Lund & FRPP said Accufab's bench is not operated by a Ford Oem based OBD. After much controversy between Accufab, Lund, FRPP, 3 tune shops I sold the SCJ for 30% of cost to a guy who said he could tune it. I should contact him again heh ?
FRPP finally offered to bench test the SCJ for me via email 3 months after I contacted them but it was gone. So I bought one from Summit...same damn date on box (Mar-May 2016) with same exact results on Lund tune. Not driveable. FRPP then waivered on their offer to bench test on their Mustang so I returned that 2nd SCJ to Summit.
At first I LOVED the SCJ. 17rwhp gain first pull.....but WOT is all the SCJ could give my 2013 ...anything less..wrench light. If I could find a used/new SCJ Mono made before 2015 I'd but it in a heartbeat !

Sorry to hear about your issues w/ the cobra jet Mono, I was fortunate and found a good one after having issues w/ a previous mono. I love mine and have no issues on my 14 DD Shelby

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member

Need to find a better tuner. ;) Or just get a whipple mono.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
The 2 shops I used have 20 & 30 years experience each tuning Mustangs and of course Lund's reputation needs no intro on this forum.
I think today I willl contact whipple for their mono today.
I believe we need an adaptor plate for the Trinity but that's fine.
I think it's time to post a thread on which Whipple Mono is best to purchase as well.

Last edited:

FordInAFord

Anyone ever get an answer as to why the older ones may have better driveability? Are the blades ligher? Are the plastic gears ratio'd differently? Are the electronic motors stronger? There's not a whole lot to a TB, so if we could find out the difference in manufacturing (if there really is one) between the older ones and the newer ones...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone ever get an answer as to why the older ones may have better driveability? Are the blades ligher? Are the plastic gears ratio'd differently? Are the electronic motors stronger? There's not a whole lot to a TB, so if we could find out the difference in manufacturing (if there really is one) between the older ones and the newer ones...
Good questions but most are likely tune related IMO
-J

RBB

Established Member
I'll be running a 2.5" upper and a 10% lower on my new motor until I see some info on a Gen3 TVS. Tuner said it would be fine and totally safe for 93 pump. That's with cams, intake manifold porting, and long tubes/no cats, though, so you're probably looking at 4+lbs less boost than a more stock setup.

I wouldn't run right on the edge of what's safe on pump gas. You're not going to feel any difference running a pound or two of extra boost. I don't at least....

Last edited:

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
A few weeks ago LMR advised me they have an SCJ Mono Blade that's been sitting on the back of their shelf ( dusty) with a 2012 box date. I wound up going with the PBR package : KB Mono, XBA Plenum, JLT 148 CAI.

mebetter

Established Member
A few weeks ago LMR advised me they have an SCJ Mono Blade that's been sitting on the back of their shelf ( dusty) with a 2012 box date. I wound up going with the PBR package : KB Mono, XBA Plenum, JLT 148 CAI.

I am interested in buying the good SCJ Monoblade, can you provide the contact information from LMR

Users who are viewing this thread