10.65 @130.53 stock Eaton/no N20/BFG drag radials

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Unfortunatley not my time slip. lol

This was mentioned in the fastest 1/4 mile thread above, last week. This info was confirmed on the other site S.U.

The highlights are:
BFG drag radials, 3.73s, EVO race tune,suspension, half tank of 93 with a couple of gallons of race gas and cold temps outside. The car is around 550-560rwhp

This is the uncle and his two nephews are both running 10.7x @129 in their cars with the same set up but on stock gears. :thumbsup:

All three drivers are supposed to be very good drivers. obviously

TTNotch

Established Member
130 traps is amazing! I have seen people with whipple's that aren't even getting close to that. I'd love to see some videos of those runs.

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
Yes the 3 cars are pullied.
I wasn't one of the 3 that redline was speaking of, I just posted to show my 10.76 run at almost 130mph. Earlier this year,I posted that I ran 132 and 134 mph,but was asked for proof and I could not provide it,so it wasn't legit enough.
But I will post some more(better) time and trap speeds on my stock blower this March when we have our shootout down here.
I would love to go to a track that is prepped and get down into the 1.4's in the 60',but our track is in a valley and NEVER is prepped on our T&T nights or our shootouts, even though we pay 4 grand for a shootout with our members cars.
Enough said, I will be back in March with a 10.50 run on stock blower/no nos.
Ya hear me!?

TTNotch

Established Member
Do you have any suspension done? Your car is bouncing all over the place, I would imagine progressive springs/shocks would give you the squat you need out of the hole and give you a smooth ride all the way out. The car just moved though, it was badass!

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
Do you have any suspension done? Your car is bouncing all over the place, I would imagine progressive springs/shocks would give you the squat you need out of the hole and give you a smooth ride all the way out. The car just moved though, it was badass!

Evolutions susp. package.

Anyone have suggestions on what else I need for suspension?

davidhuff

Established Member
Qa1 Shocks

JERRY,Try some QA1 rear ajustable shocks.They are great and BMR has the best price.Your shelby is BAD ASS.

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
I know the owner. He runs the 295/17 Drag Radials from Mickey Thompson that recently came out (newer tread pattern). They are a hair over 27" tall. He had 4.10's with these tires and was out of gear, he went back to 3.73's and ran this time.

His nephews run bfg radials on stock gears. BFG drag radials are under 26" I believe. Yes, very good drivers with alot of drag racing experience.

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
Thanks guys.
1-2 shift was just a quik shift, 2-3 and 3-4 was power shifting.
I am still a little scared to powershift 1-2.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I am still a little scared to powershift 1-2.

Does anyone powershift 1-2 gears in these cars?
My car doesnt like it, a quick 1-2 shift for me.

I think real cold temps outside are the keys to these cars pulling really good up top.
550rwhp, cold temps and traction and there will be many more 10s on the stock eatons, and theres no need to port them. :)

The guy also said he trapped better with1/2+ tank of fuel.

Shame most strips close for winter.:sleeping:

Users who are viewing this thread